Class 02 NCB Staffordshire Area pale blue No. ND3 (ex-D2862) By Heljan | Code: 2876 | O Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||O Gauge|
HELJAN UNVEILS YORKSHIRE ENGINE CO. CLASS 02 DIESEL SHUNTER
Diesel successor to the legendary LYR ‘Pugs’ now in preparation for O gauge with a OO gauge version to follow. BR and industrial liveries planned in both scales.
Design work is well advanced on HELJAN’s latest ‘O’ gauge locomotive project – the BR Class 02 0-4-0DH built by Yorkshire Engine Co. for dock shunting and goods yard duties in northern England. CAD has already been approved and tooling work is underway with a view to first releases reaching the UK in the final quarter of 2021.
CAD work is also progressing well on a OO gauge Class 02 for release in late-2021/early-2022. This model will be available in a wide range of BR and industrial liveries covering the life of the class from 1960 onwards. Full details of this project will be announced shortly.
These tiny four-wheeled shunters were designed to reach the places other locomotives could not; with a wheelbase of just 6ft they were able to tackle sharply curved lines in streets, docks, warehouses and factories and even use traditional wagon turntables. They were a direct replacement for the legendary Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway ‘Pug’ 0-4-0STs working dock lines in Liverpool, Manchester and beyond. Around 50 similar locomotives were built for industrial railways, in many cases with electric rather than hydraulic transmission.
As the work they were built for vanished in the 1960s, many of the 20-strong class found further work in industry, with some surviving well into the 1980s before being rescued for preservation. Highly regarded by crews for their Rolls-Royce engine, all-round visibility and unique (for a BR locomotive) rear platform for shunting staff, they continue to play a useful role in shunting and engineering work at heritage railways. One locomotive, D2860, was even claimed by the National Railway Museum as the perfect shunter for its Great Hall in York.
The new HELJAN O gauge Class 02 will feature a high-performance chassis with all-wheel drive and pick-up, switchable cab lights, LED marker lights, a 21-pin DCC decoder interface and provision for DCC sound. External features will include authentic detail variations, a highly-detailed cab interior and underframe, separate handrails, door handles and pipework and etched Yorkshire Engine Co. worksplates.
Eight versions have been selected, covering a broad cross-section of BR green, industrial and preserved liveries from delivery in 1960 to the present day – see below for more information.
- Factfile: Class 02
- Built: 1960-61
- No. built: 20
- Numbers: D2850-69, 02001/003/004
- Withdrawn: 1969-75
- Current Status: Seven preserved – D2853/54/58/60/66-68
- Class 33 114 'Ashford 150' Network SouthEast Diesel Locomotive
- Class 31/4 31466 EWS red/gold Diesel Locomotive with Headlight
- Class 47 D1969 BR two-tone green (full yellow end) Diesel Locomotive
- Class 47 (V3) BR Blue (Full Yellow Ends) Diesel Locomotive
- BRCW Type / Class 33 Bo-Bo Diesel (Version 2) Original BR Green
- Class 33 042 Railfreight Construction Diesel Locomotive (Weathered & Faded)
- Class 33 West Coast Railways red 33025
- Class 37/4 Railfreight Triple Grey Diesel Locomotive (Unnumbered)
- Class 86/0 'AL6' Bo-Bo Electric Locomotive BR Blue E3114 with small yellow warning panels and blue bufferbeams
- Class 60 Railfreight Grey unbranded/unnumbered
- Class 73 Network Rail Yellow 73212
- Class 26 BR Blue unnumbered (dual braked)
- Class 02 Redland Khaki (ex-D2867)
- Class 07 - D2988 BR green with wasp stripes Diesel Shunter
- Class 07 (V2) 2993 Br Blue with 'Wasp' Stripes
- GWR AEC ‘Razor Edge' Railcar BR crimson/cream (white cab roof) No.W20W
- Class 25/3 - D7550 BR Two Tone Green with full yellow ends and BR Blue data panel
- Hunslet Class 05 BR Green (no wasp stripes) Shunter Locomotive
- Class 122 BR Green (Speed Whiskers) Single Car DMU
- Class 150 BR Green (Speed Whiskers) Unpowered DMU Trailer Car
- Class 104 BR Green (Speed Whiskers) 3 Car DMU
- Class 15 D8234 in Green with SYP Gloss finish as Liverpool St pilot
- Class 33 106 BR Blue (Full Yellow Ends) Diesel Locomotive
- Class 33 063 Mainline Grey Diesel Locomotive
- Class 33/0 V3 (33025 + 33030) DRS Minimodal Locomotive Twin Pack
- Class 33 Civil Engineers grey/yellow 33025 WEATHERED
- Class 31/4 Network Rail yellow Diesel Locomotive with Headlight
- Class 86/0 'AL6' Bo-Bo Electric Locomotive BR Blue E3178 with full yellow ends, white cab roof and red bufferbeams
- Class 128 DPU #M55993 BR Blue Diesel Locomotive
- Class 56 BR large logo blue 56099 'Tinsley embellishments'
- Class 60 DB Traffic Red unbranded/unnumbered
- Class 45/1 D31 BR Green Diesel Locomotive
- Class 47 137 BR Blue (glazed headcode panel) Diesel Locomotive
- Class 47 (V3) BR Blue Large Logo Diesel Locomotive
- Class 73 GB Railfreight blue/orange 73107 Tracy
- Class 26 Railfreight Red Stripe unnumbered (white cantrail stripe)
- Class 27 BR two-tone green D5382 (small yellow panels)
- Class 02 Industrial all-over yellow with wasp stripes
- Class 07 - D2991 BR Eastleigh Works light green Diesel Locomotive
- GWR AEC ‘Razor Edge' Railcar BR crimson/cream (Dark Grey Roof) No.W21W
- Class 25/3 - D7661 BR Early Blue with small yellow panels
- Hunslet Class 05 BR Green with Wasp Stripes (Late) Shunter Locomotive
- Class 122 BR Green (Small Yellow Panel) Single Car DMU
- Class 150 BR Green (Small Yellow Panel) Unpowered DMU Trailer Car
- Class 15 D8242 in Green with SYP with serrifed numbers and double arrows
- Class 33 111 BR Blue (Full Yellow Ends) Diesel Locomotive
- BRCW Type / Class 33 Bo-Bo Diesel (Version 2) BR Green with full yellow ends
- BRCW Type / Class 33 Bo-Bo Diesel (Version 2) BR Blue with full yellow ends
- Class 45/1 D57 BR Green with Small Yellow Panels Diesel Locomotive
- Class 47 316 BR Blue (plated headcode panels) Diesel Locomotive