Bus Spike Suppressors (2 Pack) By DCC Concepts | Code: DCC-BSS.2 | Any Scale
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Accessories ,|
|Product scale||Any Scale|
Two pack. Replacement for DCC-BT2.
More a “DCC power management and control” device than a “Bus terminator”, the BSS.2 has several significant benefits for DCC users, irrespective of layout size.
DCC systems are rarely perfect in their square wave outputs and have both overshoot and peaking that distorts the waveform.
Larger layouts can develop issues, especially in longer track busses due to user wiring layout and induction in long wire runs.
More importantly – DCC control systems (including some common brands) often have significant voltage spikes in their output when some things are activated due to less than wonderful design.
Add to this… quite nasty spikes from things that generate shorts on the bus such as “Frog Juicers” of all types, auto-reversers, accidental overloads or short circuits which make your system try to reset many times and the like…
As most devices and systems conveniently forget to add any form of spike management to their design to save money, this causes severe high voltage spikes at the track that will inevitably shorten loco and accessory decoder life, actually pit the metal tyres of your loco wheels and cause general harm to many things that is totally unnecessary.
ALL significant but often invisible problems. (until you run trains in the dark, when you can actually often SEE the sparks). Fortunately, the added voltage clamping and very robust filtering that is now part of DCCconcepts BSS.2 will go some way to keeping the harm these problems cause at bay.
- Point Rodding Pins (500)
- Controller Caddy Universal Handset Holder (Single Pack)
- Cobalt-S Solder-Free Harness (3 Pack)
- Cobalt AlphaSwitch-A (For Analogue Devices) Red (12 Pack)
- Cobalt AlphaSwitch Add-on Pack – Red (12 Pack)
- Alpha Mimic Connection Reverser (3 pack)
- Alpha Switch Extension Leads – 6x 200mm
- Roller Gauge (w/handle) OO/HO (Standard) 16.5mm BH (2 Pack)
- Rolling Road (Multi-Gauge) 12 Axle
- Rolling Road (Multi-Gauge) 8 Axle
- Cobalt Tiebar Labels (12 Pack)
- Pack of 5 Solenoid Extension Pins
- DCW-HS-SET Heat Shrink Assorted Colours (36)
- Cobalt Turnout Motor Installation Template
- Cobalt AlphaSwitch-A (For Analogue Devices) Blue (12 Pack)
- Multiple Mimic LED Connector (3 pack)
- Alpha Switch Extension Leads – 6x 400mm
- Roller Gauge (w/handle) OO/HO (Special Fine) 16.2mm BH (2 Pack)
- Panel Dot Type 6x 1.8mm (w/resistors) Red
- Cobalt-S Lever (6 Pack)
- Point Rodding Tall Cranks (6) Pins (100) and Drill
- Spare Connector for CDU-2 and PSU-2
- High Quality Power Bus Wire Stripper
- Solderless i-Link Connectors (25-pack)
- Cobalt AlphaSwitch-A for Analogue Devices Green (12)
- Mimic Extension Lead Connectors (6 pack)
- Pickup Springs 1.5mm Axles (48 Pack)
- Roller Gauge (w/handle) EM Scale 18.2mm BH (2 Pack)
- Roller Gauge (w/handle) P4 Scale 18.83mm BH (2 Pack)
- Cobalt iP Digital Point Motor (6 Pack)
- Point Rodding Medium Cranks (6) Pins (100) and Drill
- Liquid Lead Shot (500gm)
- Installation PCBs 25x10mm (w/Screws) (12 Pack)
- Solid Brass Power Distribution Bars (2)
- 3-pack of Simple Y Connectors for Alpha Mimic and Alpha Mimic Ground Signals
- 3 Wire RGB Ribbon (5m)
- Pickup sprinPickup Springs 2.0mm Axles (48 Pack)
- Roller Gauge (w/handle) OO/HO (Standard) 16.5mm FB (2 Pack)
- DCC Concepts DCP-AEU COBALT ALPHA Main Unit
- Point Rodding Pins (100)
- PowerBase Expansion Pack N Scale
- Alpha Mimic Add-On LEDs + leads (Green)
- DCC Decoder Converter 3 Wire to 2 Wire (3 Pack)
- Back to Back N Scale (Standard) 7.65mm
- Roller Gauge (w/handle) OO/HO (Fine) 16.5mm FB (2 Pack)
- DCC Concepts DCP-ADX COBALT ALPHA Extension Display
- 360mm Loco Storage Box (Drive on/Drive off) - OO/HO
- Cobalt iP Analogue and Omega Switch Pack with LEDs (RED)
- 12v DC Split Power Supply Kit with PCB and Wall Plugs
- Alpha Mimic Add-On LEDs + leads (Red)