Stroudley 4 Wheel Suburban Oil Lit Composite Mahogany 404 By Dapol | Code: 7P-020-300 | O Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Carriages/Coaches ,|
|Product scale||O Gauge|
These carriages were constructed between 1870 and 1890 totalling more than 1,500 for local and main line sets. The sets consisted of between eight and eleven coaches each 26ft long on a 15ft wheelbase and were originally close coupled with a bar but later some modified main line coaches were fitted with short buffers and amalgamated into the suburban sets, only the brake ends had long buffers.
Braking initially was only available through the guards hand brake, but later all coaches were fitted with Westinghouse air brakes. Lighting was originally by oil lamps, however many coaches were later converted to gas lighting, and from 1881 some sets were fitted with electric lighting with a dynamo in the brake coach.
Dapol will be offering the oil lit varnished mahogany liveried coaches in the first run. Later, they shall be offering different liveries, and details including gas and electric lighting and Westinghouse brakes. As a minimum a modeller will require one x All Third Brake to operate a train of these coaches. On the suburban range of these coaches the interconnection between coaches will be provided by a prototypical draw bar, only the outer most end of the brave will be fitted with a standard coupling to connect the coaches to the locomotive.
Main line versions of the coach will be fitted with standard three link couplings and short buffers at both ends of each coach. All Brake 3rd coaches will have the prototypical longer buffers at the brake end of the coach.
- Diecast compensated chassis for excellent riding characteristics
- Superbly detailed body with many separately added detailed parts
- Metal sprung buffers (outer end of brake only)
- Expertly applied livery and decoration
- Non DCC Fitted and DCC Fitted options are available with Lightbars
- Two lengths of close coupling bar will be offered with these coaches - A short coupling bar to be used with buffer free coaches and Billington (the successor engineer to Stroudey) conversion to buffers on one coach. A long coupling bar with be offered for converted main line coaches with buffers on both coaches.
- All close coupled coaches will be able to negotiate R2 curves.
- An ideal coach to be hauled by the Dapol Terrier Locomotives.
- MANUFACTURER Stroudley
- COACH TYPE 4 Wheel Suburban
- CLASS Composite
- RUNNING NUMBER 404
- COLOUR Mahogany
- LIGHTING VARIATION Oil Lit (No Light Bar)
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH (APROX) 200mm
- Collett Coach BR Chocolate Cream Brake Composite W6539
- Mk3 BR Blue/Grey 1st Class Coach E41070
- MK3 FGW 'Fag Packet' 2nd Class HST Coach No.42019
- Mk3 Virgin 2nd Class Coach 42258
- Mk3 Cross Country 2nd Class 42374 'D' HST
- Mk3 GNER Blue 2nd Class Coach 42064
- First Great Western FGW Dynamic Lines MK3 Sleeper Coach No.10601
- Maunsell Coach SR 1st Class Lined Green 7670
- Maunsell Coach BR Brake 3rd Class SR Green 3221
- Maunsell High Window FK Coach Lined Olive Green 7228
- Autocoach BR 40 Maroon
- Stroudley 4 Wheel Suburban Oil Lit 3rd Mahogany 861 DCC LBF
- Stroudley 4 Wheel Main Line Oil Lit Brake 3rd Mahogany 1032
- Collett Coach GWR Crest Chocolate / Cream Brake Composite 6527
- MK3 FGW 'Fag Packet' 2nd Class HST Coach No.42020
- Virgin Mk3 1st Class Coach #11027 Loco Hauled
- Mk3 Cross Country TGS 44052
- Mk3 Cross Country 2nd Class 42373 'E' HST
- Mk3 Grand Central Buffet Coach 40424
- First-Scotrail Caledonian MK3 Sleeper Coach No.10666
- Gresley BR Maroon 1st Class E11032E
- Maunsell Coach Set 392 SR Green (3)
- Maunsell Coach BR 1st Class Crimson & Cream 7670
- Maunsell High Window TK Coach Lined Olive Green 1122
- Autocoach BR 40 Maroon Light Bar & DCC Fitted
- Stroudley 4 Wheel Suburban Oil Lit 2nd Mahogany 507
- Stroudley 4 Wheel Main Line Oil Lit Brake 3rd Mahogany 1032 LBF
- Collett Coach BR Maroon Full Brake Coach W110W
- B Set Coach Twin Pack BR Crimson 6461 & 6464
- Blue & Grey Mk3 1st Class Coach #E42127 HST
- MK3 GWR Green 1st Class HST Coach No.41149
- MK3 GWR Green 2nd Class HST Coach No.42579
- Virgin Mk3 1st Class Coach #11084 Loco Hauled
- MK 3 EAST MIDLANDS TGS 44073
- MK3 East Coast 1st Class Coach 41120
- Mk3 Grand Central 1st Class Coach 41205
- Serco Departmental MK3 Sleeper Coach No.DB 977989
- Gresley BR Carmine & Cream 2nd Class E12283E
- Maunsell Coach SR Brake 3rd Class Lined Green 4048
- Coach 3rd Class BR SR Green 823
- Maunsell Coach BR Brake 3rd Class Crimson & Cream 4481
- Maunsell Coach BR Brake 3rd Class Crimson & Cream 4482
- Maunsell Coach BR Brake 3rd Class Crimson/Cream 3226
- Autocoach BR 40 Maroon Light Bar Fitted
- Stroudley 4 Wheel Suburban Oil Lit 2nd Mahogany 507 LBF
- Stroudley 4 Wheel Main Line Oil Lit Brake 3rd Mahogany 1032 DCC LBF
- Stroudley 4 Wheel Main Line Oil Lit 3rd Mahogany 811
- Collett Coach GWR Crest Chocolate / Cream Full Brake Coach 101
- B Set Coach Twin Pack BR Lined Maroon 6969 & 6940
- MK3 GWR Green 2nd Class HST Coach No.42300