'Forest No. 1' Peckett W4 Class Charity Colliery 0-4-0ST Locomotive (Weathered) By Hornby | Code: R3680W | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Professionally Custom Weathered. Item may slightly differ to one shown.
The Peckett W Class was a classic, late Victorian, four-coupled, medium range, industrial saddletank that comprised six separate variations, from the W2 of 1884 to the W7 of 1938. Locomotives were built at the Atlas Engine Works in St. George, Bristol, Peckett & Sons Ltd having taken over the business established there by Fox, Walker & Company in 1880.
Peckett steam locos, noted for their fine rivet work on the cabs and tanks and the generous use of brass and copperwork, continued to be built at Atlas Works until June 12, 1958. Describing their core market as “Colleries, Ironworks, Contractors Tinplate Works etc.” Peckett took pride in turning their locos out in a lined Works livery and utilised many standard components in their construction, however the nature of the locomotives’ end use meant there were a number of alterations carried out, particularly as reduced height versions for operating in smelting works and collieries. Peckett were eventually bought out by Reed Crane & Hoist Company during 1961, having produced 140 W4 locomotives between April 1885 and February 1906.
Peckett Works No.484/1889 was built for William Williams & Co. of Morriston in Glamorgan, for use at the Upper Forest and Worcester Steel & Tinplate Works. Sold on via J.F Wake’s dealership to Stanley Brothers Ltd’s Charity Colliery, Forest No.1 continued in service until 1924 when the colliery closed.
- SR 'Sir Francis Drake' Southern Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.851
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74
- 'Forest No. 1' Peckett W4 Class Charity Colliery 0-4-0ST Locomotive
- ‘Walter K Whigham’ BR Experimental Purple Class A4 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No. 60028
- BR 4-6-0 'Leicester City' '61665', B17 Class, Early BR
- LMS 4-6-0 'Royal Army Service Corps' '6126' Royal Scot Class
- Class 5101 Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4154
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden' DCC FITTED
- LB&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton' DCC Fitted
- LSWR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.735
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- 'Cowes' Southern 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.W10
- B&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton'
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207 DCC FITTED
- 'King George VI' LMS Streamlined Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6244
- Class 5101 Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4154 (DCC Fitted)
- BR Black 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.32655
- 1:1 Collection Limited Edition 'Bittern' LNER Blue Class A4 Twin Tendered 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.4464
- Alan Pegler USA Tour 'Flying Scotsman' LNER Green Class A3 Twin Tendered 4-6-2 Locomotive No.4472 (Gold Plated)
- LNER Black Class D16/3 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.8802
- BR Black (Early) Class Q6 Raven 0-8-0 Steam Locomotive '63427'
- Class 61xx Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6110
- Holden Class B12 LNER Green 4-6-0 Locomotive 8527
- 'Princess Marie Louise' BR Blue Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46206
- Class 61xx Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6110 (DCC Fitted)
- 'Welbeck Abbey' Class B17 BR Green (Early) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.61619
- Holden B12 Transition BR Black 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.61556
- 'Princess Marie Louise' BR Blue Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46206 DCC FITTED
- Thompson L1 Class LNER Green 2-6-4 Tank Locomotive No.67702
- Class J50 BR Black (Late) 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive Departmental No.14'
- Class 42XX BR Black (Early) 2-8-0 Tank Locomotive No.4287
- SR 4-6-0 'Camelot' '742' N15 King Arthur Class Locomotive
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden'
- 'Carisbrooke' British Railways Transitional 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.13 DCC Fitted
- Class 52xx BR Black (Early) 2-8-0 Tank Locomotive No.5231
- Class 5101 Large Prairie BR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4160
- Southern Railway SR Green 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.2662
- 'Bembridge' SR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.W14 DCC Fitted
- 'Carisbrooke' British Railways Transitional 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.13
- 'E. Tootal Broadhurst' BR Green Patriot Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.45534
- ‘Princess Alexandra’ LMS Blue Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6224
- Harry Potter 'Hogwarts Castle' 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5972
- 'Leadenhall ' LB&SCR 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.48
- LSWR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.735 DCC Fitted
- 'Bembridge' SR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.W14