Class 142 Pacer Northern Rail (Debranded) 2 Car DMU No.142096 By Dapol | Code: 2D-142-001 | N Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 142 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
Expected Q2/Q3 2021
The Dapol model of the Class 142 Railcar includes:
- Powered and dummy car sets
- Detailed bodies with flush glazing and close coupling mechanism with corridor connector
- Scharfenberg coupling mechanism fitted as standard
- All wheel drive and pick up on power unit
- Directional lights on both cars
- NEXT-18 Decoder Socket incorporating independently controllable internal and external lighting (where fitted)
- Accessory bag with optional fitted components
The British Rail Class 142 is a type of diesel railbus multiple unit designed to run in pairs for use on branch lines in Northern and South Western England and North Wales. Ninety six of the sets were built by BREL at Derby between 1985 and 1987 and followed on from the design of the Class 141. Initially, the Class 142 exhibited many operational problems including the inability to negotiate tight curves, a lack of power with poor braking and a rough uncomfortable ride. The class was extensively modified in subsequent years to overcome some of these shortcomings with the adoption of a more powerful diesel engine, uprated brakes and a plethora of internal and external detail improvements. Even with these changes the Class 142 was deemed unsuitable for working the tighter curves of the South Western rail system and the fleet was transferred post privatisation between NW Trains and Northern Spirit, where they are still used primarily on commuter routes between the major cities of the region.
- Class 142 Pacer Northern Rail (Debranded) 2 Car DMU No.142096 DCC FITTED
- Class 142 Pacer Merseyrail 2 Car DMU No.142042
- Class 142 Pacer Merseyrail 2 Car DMU No.142042 DCC Fitted
- Class 142 Pacer Mock Great Western Chocolate & Cream 2 Car DMU No.142022
- Class 142 Pacer Mock Great Western Chocolate & Cream 2 Car DMU No.142022 DCC Fitted
- Class 142 Pacer Manchester PTE 2 Car DMU No.142001
- Class 142 Pacer Manchester PTE 2 Car DMU No.142001 DCC Fitted
- Class 142 025 Northern Spirit 2 Car Pacer Unit
- Class 142 Pacer Provincial 2 Car DMU No.142053
- Class 142 Pacer Provincial 2 Car DMU No.142053 DCC Fitted
- Class 142 021 Regional Railways Tyne & Wear PTE 2 Car Pacer Unit