Cobalt Alpha Power 18V, 5 amp DC or DCC power supply (UK) By DCC Concepts | Code: DCD-PWR.UK | Any Scale
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Power and Control , The Cobalt Collection ,|
|Product scale||Any Scale|
Cobalt Alpha Power 18V, 5 amp DC or DCC power supply supplied with mains lead for UK / Ireland / Malta / Malaysia / Singapore.
Cobalt α Alpha Power – Smooth, well regulated power for perfect performance!
It’s not commonly understood, but even the digital systems that show the use of AC power supplies in their manuals actually run on DC internally… and what you may also not know is that while AC power supplies may be lower cost, they also give ZERO protection from inevitable voltage surges and level changes, increasing the possibility of system damage!
So – using AC power makes no sense in reality – especially as all involved in digital electronics agree that the quality of power supply you choose will, more than any other factor, dictate the eventual performance of your model railway, because digital electronics in particular require smooth, well filtered DC! Without it, interference added to the digital commands can at best cause problems with communication and may, in the extreme, actually damage your precious decoders and other items.
It just makes good sense to use a top quality, properly regulated DC power supply.
Cobalt α Alpha Power is a top quality, smoothly filtered and well-regulated 5 amp DC power supply that will deliver super-smooth 18v DC at the input terminals of your DCC system, Cobalt α Alpha Central or similar digital device.
It really does not matter which brand of DCC you use – while we have “design matched” Cobalt α Alpha Power to our Cobalt α Alpha range, it has also been tested with all of the main DCC systems from “Starter Sets” to full-feature 5 amp systems, and it consistently gives great results with most brands. The only exception is Digitrax Zephyr which requires a lower voltage.
- Integrated CDU Unit Dual High Power CDUs Super High Power
- 12v 1.5amp Regulated Power Supply
- Alpha Mimic Panel Controller (Red/Green LEDs)
- AU/NZ Mains Lead for PSU-2 or CDU-2 (Standards Approved)
- UK Mains Lead for PSU-2 or CDU-2 (Standards Approved)
- EU Mains Lead for PSU-2 or CDU-2 (Standards Approved)
- 12v Split-Supply PCB only
- Alpha Panel Layout panel for NCE and Roco
- Alpha Mimic Panel Controller (with Green LEDs)
- Alpha Mimic Panel Controller (with Red LEDs)
- Cobalt Alpha Power 18V, 5 amp DC or DCC power supply (EU)
- Cobalt Alpha Power 18V, 5 amp DC or DCC power supply (AU)
- Cobalt Alpha Power 18V, 5 amp DC or DCC power supply (US)
- Cobalt Alpha DCC Power Bus Driver and SNIFFER Adapter