Class 56xx GWR Unlined Green (Great Western Lettering) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6671 By Sonic Models | Code: S2101-06A | N Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
Class 56xx GWR Unlined Green (Great Western Lettering) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6671
Revolution Trains in conjunction with Sonic Models recently announced the attractive GWR/BR 56XX 0-6-2T in N Gauge. Today (31/03/20) they announced an additional six variants to its line up, meaning a total of twelve versions are available to pre-order.
The models will feature coreless motors, NEM 6 pin decoder socket, NEM couplers, original or later style driving wheel balance weights, Swindon or Armstrong (NE) safety valves, detailed cab interior and accessory detail pack.
Expected Q3 2020
Rails of Sheffield is now handling all orders and fulfilment of these models exclusively
With a limited production run of each variant, pre-ordering is highly recommended.
200 of the attractive 56XX locomotives were built at Swindon (with a small number built in the North East due to capacity issues) and designer C B Collett borrowed heavily from the proven south Wales valleys engines inherited by the GWR.
The locomotives were reliable and sturdy and while originally intended for traffic in south Wales they rapidly saw service across the GWR, and subsequently the western region of British Railways, from the South West to the Midlands.
All were withdrawn by the end of 1965, and nine are now preserved.
- Class 56xx BR Unlined Green (Late Crest) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.5633
- Class 56xx GWR Unlined Green 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.5616
- Class 56xx BR Lined Green (Late Crest) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.5637
- Class 56xx GWR Unlined Green (Great Western Lettering) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6623
- Class 56xx BR Unlined Black (Early Emblem) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6639
- Class 56xx BR Lined Green (Small Late Crest) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6681 (Weathered Edition)
- Class 56xx BR Lined Green (Late Crest) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.5643 (Preserved)
- Class 56xx BR Unlined Black (Early Emblem) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.5619 (Preserved)
- Class 56xx GWR Unlined Green (GWR Shirtbutton) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.5609
- Class 56xx BR Unlined Black (British Railways Lettering) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6602
- Class 56xx GWR Unlined Green (GWR Block Lettering) 0-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.5644