Class 43 HST Intercity 125 Blue/Grey (W43015 / W43190) 4 Car HST Book Set By Dapol | Code: 2D-019-010 | N Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 43 HST , Train Packs ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
The Dapol HST features:
- Finely detailed body with many extra fitted items
- 5 pole Super Creep motor with incredible controllable slow running speed
- All wheel drive and pick up
- Directional lights
- Coaches are light bar ready
- DCC Ready with provision for a NEXT-18 Decoder (2020 range onwards)
- Accessory bag with optional fitted parts
- Extensive range of previously produced coaching stock also available
The British Rail Class 43 (HST) was designed by BR Derby and manufactured at BREL Crewe between 1975 and 1982. Many would say the HST reflects the pinnacle of diesel locomotive design, holding and retaining the world speed record for a diesel locomotive. In all 197 diesel power cars were manufactured to provide a high-speed passenger service in a time when public budgets were constrained and mass electrification of lines was not financially viable. A testament to the success of the design is that 193 of the power cars are still in service today, with only three being scrapped due to accidental damage and one being preserved at the NRM. After privatisation of BR, the fleet has been distributed amongst various operators including East Coast, East Midlands Trains, Grand Central, Cross Country, First Great Western and Virgin Trains. The HST was originally built without buffers. However, to allow it to act in conjunction with Class 89 and 91 electrically powered locomotives on the electrified East Coast line, eight power cars were fitted with buffers. Network Rail has also converted a HST as a measurement train. This is packed with measurement and safety equipment and is used on the West Coast line to ensure lines are fit for use and safe for high speed and tilting locomotives.
- Class 43 LNER HST Twin Pack - 43238 "NRM 40" 40th Anniversary LNER Power Car & 43302 “World Speed Record - HST" LNER Trailer Car
- Class 43 HST FGW `Fag Packet' (43005/43009) 4 Car HST Book Set
- Class 43 HST EMR Ex LNER Ex VEC (43251/43295) 4 Car HST Book Set
- Class 43 HST InterCity Executive Twin Pack (W43131 & W43128)
- Class 43 HST InterCity Swallow Twin Pack (W43041 & W43166)