"Lydham Manor" BR Lined Green (Late Crest) 78xx Manor Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.7827 DCC Fitted By Dapol | Code: 4S-001-007D | OO Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The GWR Manor was a versatile 4-6-0 configured locomotive designed with a lighter axle loading than the existing and popular Grange class which enabled the Manor to operate in regions of the GWR where this was not possible with a locomotive of comparable power.
In all, 30 Manor class locomotives were manufactured at Swindon in two batches: 20 between 1938 and 1939 and then a further 10 post nationalisation in 1950 which were designated 5MT. Although initially the performance of the locomotive was deemed at best mediocre, subtle internal refinements made towards the mid 1950s resulted in a successful and popular locomotive. In all nine examples of the Manor survived into preservation.
- CLASS 78xx (Manor)
- BUILT BY GWR/BR Swindon Works
- ENTERED SERVICE 1938
- NUMBER BUILT 30
- OPERATOR GWR / BR
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION 4-6-0
- PURPOSE Local Passenger and Freight
- NUMBER PRESERVED 9
MODEL Many original GA drawings were used in the development of these accurate and authentic model.
Building on the many developments from the Dapol Mogul including Dapol's award winning slide in PCB in the boiler for tool free DCC fitting and sugar cube speaker enclosure (for sound models). Conductive drawbar providing tender wheel pick-up and connections for high bass speaker.
The locomotive will have all of the usual refinements that are expected to be found on all Dapol models.
- NAME Lydham Manor
- LIVERY BR Green
- DCC TYPE DCC Fitted
- TRACK SUPPLY 2 Rail DCC
- FINISH Pristine
- A diecast compensated chassis
- Detailed cab interior with screw reverse
- The front pony truck is also sprung and operates on a cam so the model will negotiate R2 curves with ease.
- A slide in PCB offers simple ‘tool-free’ installation of a NEXT-18 DCC decoder and a ’no-solder’ speaker connection. This board slides through the smoke box door and connects directly to the locomotive mother board.
- The tender to locomotive drawbar includes reliable electrical connections moulded within the close-coupling push-fit coupling. This eliminates wired plugs and unreliable wiper style connections.
- The locomotive and tender have electrical pick-up on all driving and tender wheels
- Firebox glow
- Dapol’s proven slow speed mechanism and high torque motor
- LENGTH OVER BUFFERS 247mm
- Wainwright D Class Southern Lined Maunsell Olive Green 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.1730
- Wainwright D Class BR Sunshine Black 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.31731
- Wainwright D Class SECR Grey (Scraped Beading) 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.726
- Wainwright D Class Southern Sunshine 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.1734
- Stroudley Terrier A1 Class LBSC Stroudley Improved Engine Green Brighton Gold 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive DCC Ready
- 'Haileybury' Southern Sage Lined Schools Class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.924 DCC FITTED
- Pannier 8752 GWR Green Great Western Late Cab DCC Fitted
- Pannier Ex 5775 GNSR Lined Early Cab
- Class A4 4-6-2 4482 "Golden Eagle" in LNER apple green with valances
- A4 Valanced Sea Eagle - DCC Fitted
- 'Pitchford Hall' GWR Green (Crest Livery) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.4953
- A3 Flying Scotsman 60103 BR Green L/Crest
- Terrier A1X 32635 Brighton Works Improved Engine Green
- M7 0-4-4 British Railways Lined Black 30248
- Battle of Britain ‘Spitfire’ 34066 BR Green Late Crest DCC Fitted
- Y3 Sentinel 4wVB BR Early Crest Dept 39 - DCC Fitted with Sound
- Sentinel 4wVB No.14 in National Coal Board livery 'Maude'
- Class 57xx Pannier 6739 BR Black Early Crest
- Terrier A1X 32650 BR Lined Black Early Crest - DCC Fitted
- Terrier A1 Fenchurch Marsh Brown - DCC Sound
- L&SWR B4 0-4-0T Lined Green 91 - DCC Fitted
- Class 74xx 0-6-0PT Pannier 7444 in BR black with late crest - DCC Fitted
- Class 74xx Pannier 7444 BR Black Late Crest - DCC Sound
- Class 3F Jinty British Railways Black (Early Crest) 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.47569 DCC Fitted
- Class 3F Jinty BR Black (Late Crest) 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive (Unnumbered) DCC Fitted
- "Hook Norton Manor" BR Lined Black (Early Emblem) 78xx Manor Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.7823
- Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive #5108 in GWR Green Shirt Button Roundel
- Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive #6167 Lined Green with Late Crest (Bunker Steps) - DCC Fitted
- 'Brighton' BR Green L/Crest Lined Schools Class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.30915
- Pannier 6752 GWR Green lettered GWR Later Cab
- Pannier Ex 5775 GNSR Lined Early Cab DCC Fitted
- Class A4 4-6-2 4482 "Golden Eagle" in LNER apple green with valances - DCC Fitted
- 'Pitchford Hall' GWR Green (Crest Livery) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.4953 - DCC FITTED
- A3 Flying Scotsman 60103 BR Green L/Crest DCC Fitted
- Terrier A1X No.72 Newhaven Harbour Company Lined Black
- M7 0-4-4 BR Early Crest Lined Black 30673
- Class 6800 4-6-0 6820 "Kingstone Grange" in GWR green with shirtbutton emblem
- Battle of Britain ‘66 Squadron’ 34110 BR Green Early Crest
- Sentinel 4wVB No.14 in National Coal Board livery - DCC Fitted 'Maude'
- Terrier A1X 32650 BR Lined Black Early Crest - DCC Sound
- Class 3F Jinty BR Black 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.47406
- "Hook Norton Manor" BR Lined Black (Early Emblem) 78xx Manor Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.7823 DCC Fitted
- Stroudley Terrier A1X Class BR Lined Black Early Crest 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.32655 DCC Ready
- Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive #5108 in GWR Green Shirt Button Roundel - DCC Fitted
- Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive #6167 Lined Green with Late Crest (Bunker Steps) - DCC Sound Fitted
- GWR 43xx 2-6-0 Mogul 5322 Khaki
- 'Brighton' BR Green L/Crest Lined Schools Class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.30915 DCC FITTED
- Pannier 6752 GWR Green lettered GWR Later Cab DCC Fitted
- A4 Mallard 60022 BR Green Late Crest DCC Fitted
- Wollaton Hall BR Lined Green Late Crest 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5999