20 Ton Toad Brake Van GWR Grey By Bachmann | Code: 33-300H | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||2020 Range , Truck/Wagon ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The Toad is a brake van, designed by and built for the Great Western Railway. Introduced by the GWR in 1894, and used from 1948 by the Western Region of British Railways, its role was a safety brake on goods trains in the West of England, the Midlands and Wales. As with all GWR wagons and non-passenger carrying coaches, its operating code "Toad" was derived from the GWR's telegraphic code for a brake van. The last Toad brake vans remained in service into the 1970s; phasing out occurred along with the network wide reduction in brake van duties, although many passed to the Engineers and ended their days in departmental service. The Toad brake van is a familiar sight on preserved railways, because the large veranda is capable of carrying staff or passengers; it is also popular due to the Thomas & Friends ™ character of the same name.
- SE&CR 60' Birdcage Brake 3rd Coach SE&CR Dark Lake No.1164
- Bachmann & Graham Farish 2020 Catalogue
- 20 Ton Toad Brake Van BR Grey (Weathered Edition)
- SECR C Class Southern Railway Lined Black 0-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.1583
- SE&CR 60' Birdcage Brake Composite Lavatory Coach SE&CR Dark Lake No.1157
- SE&CR 60' Birdcage Composite Lavatory Coach SE&CR Dark Lake No.1150