Class 66 009 DB Cargo Red Diesel Locomotive By Gaugemaster Collection | Code: GM7210401 | O Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 66 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||O Gauge|
The Class 66 is a type of six-axle diesel electric freight locomotive developed in part from the Class 59, for use on the railways of the UK. Since its introduction, the class has been successful and has been sold to many British and European operators.
The first locomotive shipped to the UK arrived at Immingham in June 1998 and was taken to Derby for testing. The second was taken to AAR's Pueblo Test Centre for endurance testing, before shipping to the UK. The locomotives then shipped at a rate of 11 per month into the UK via Newport Docks until the order was completed in December 2001.
After unloading, EWS engineers then simply took off the tarpaulin, unblocked the suspension and finally as each was shipped with water and fuel, hooked up the batteries before starting the engine and handing the locomotive into service. The ability to simply start up the 66s on the dockside and drive them under their own power to depots to enter service was nothing short of a revelation when compared to many other BR locomotives.
There were over 500 examples built, such was the success of the design.
- Operating front/rear lights (independent operation for DCC, switched for DC use) including day/night mode
- Operating side lights where lighting cluster is applicable
- Cab light (independent operation)
- Illuminated cab control panel
- Two balanced and matched motors for maximum pulling power and slow speed runnning
- DC control switches accessible via a lift off roof panel
- 21 pin DCC ready
- Etched grilles with through body transparency
- Separately fitted details such as handrails, handles and grilles
- Heavyweight diecast chassis
- Diecast bogie frames
- Sprung centre wheel
- Rotating axle centres
- Appropriate couplings attached
- Sprung buffers
- Expertly applied livery
- Officially licensed DB product