Heinkel He111 H-6 Motörhead “Bomber” Special By Airfix | Code: A07007B | 1:72
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Model Kits , Planes ,|
Motörhead, the iconic heavy-metal band’s striking album artwork for their 1979 ‘Bomber’ was carefully created by an illustrator. Lemmy, “Fast” Eddie Clark and Phil “Philthy Animal” Taylor are shown inside the cockpit of a Heinkel in the Blitz. Lemmy, himself a collector of WWII memorabilia, insisted the plane be German.
The illustrator explains: “I suggested the Heinkel plane. They wanted this photo-realistic effect, so I designed the thing with the detached bomb coming towards you."
“I worked in airbrush in black and white, which I would then tint,” he adds. “That’s why my work always looked very doomy. To get the lighting right, I got a little Airfix kit of a Heinkel 111, made it up and sprayed it black.” He then photographed the model to get the reflections underneath. “When you work realistically, you’ve got to have a realistic reference.”
The album sleeve made such an impression the band insisted on a remarkable 40ft Heinkel replica to accompany them on stage for their now notorious ‘Bomber’ tour.
“It’s the most famous cover I’ve ever done,”
The album was released on October 27th 1979, reaching number 12 on the UK charts.
To mark the 40th Anniversary, Airfix is pleased to offer a version of its latest Heinkel with the “Bomber” markings included, and with the special Anniversary box lid.
Please note: A07007B is a second version of A07007A and will only include the special "Bomber" scheme. A07007B will arrive in stock early 2020. As promised, A07007A will arrive earlier with planned delivery in Autumn 2019.
Numbers are limited.
- WWII Afrika Korps 1:72
- Vickers Wellington Mk.IA/C 1:72
- WWII British 8th Army
- Airfix Vintage Classics - Russian T34 Medium Tank 1:76
- Messerschmitt Me262A-1A Schwalbe 1:72
- Airfix Vintage Classics - WWI British Infantry 1:76
- Fiesler Storch
- Airfix Vintage Classics - Panther Tank 1:76
- Airfix Vintage Classics - AEC Matador and 5.5" Gun
- Buffalo Willys MB Jeep
- Narrow Road Bridge Broken Span
- WWII British Infantry N. Europe
- Airfix Vintage Classics - WWI German Infantry 1:76
- LCM3 & Sherman 1:76
- Luftwaffe Personnel
- Churchill Mk.VII Tank
- Messerschmitt Bf109G-6 1:72
- Gloster Gladiator Mk.I/Mk.II 1:72
- Boulton Paul Defiant Mk.1
- Airfix Vintage Classics - M3 Half Track & 1 Ton Trailer 1:76
- Churchill Crocodile 1:76
- WWII German Infantry
- Airfix Vintage Classics - WWI Royal Horse Artillery 1:76
- German Reconnaisance Set 1:76
- Vintage Classics Opel Blitz & Pak 40 Gun (1:76 Scale)
- DUKW 1:76
- Matilda Hedgehog Tank
- WWII U.S. Marines 1:72
- Airfix Vintage Classics - WWI French Infantry 1:76
- Bren Gun Carrier & 6pdr Anti-Tank Gun
- Vintage Classics Sherman Crab (1:76 Scale)
- WWI Female Tank 1:76
- WWI Male Tank Mk.I
- Scammel Tank Transporter 1:76
- Airfix Vintage Classics - 88mm Gun & Tractor 1:76
- Blackburn Buccaneer S.2 RN
- Airfix Vintage Classics - Stug III 75mm Assault Gun 1:76
- SDKFz.234 Armoured Car
- Bofors 40mm Gun & Tractor
- RAF Personnel
- Airfix Vintage Classics - WWI U.S. Infantry 1:76
- Cromwell IV Tank 1:76
- Willys British Airborne Jeep 1:72