Screw and Nut Driver Set By DCC Concepts | Code: DCT-SND.12 | Any Scale
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Tools ,|
|Product scale||Any Scale|
Using DCD-SND.12 – Screw and Nut Driver Set
Three Handles, Three essential (-) type screwdriver tips, 3 essential (+) type screwdriver tips and 3 important Nut Drivers for use with model railways and similar hobbies.
Have you ever wondered why some modellers keep using the same tools, year in, year out, while others always seem to need to buy replacements?
This usually happens because with ALL tools,there is a “right or wrong” way to use them to make sure they last!
They are made from tough alloys and have been anodised to prevent corrosion. They will rarely ever wear out, but basic care will keep them in perfect condition.
Wipe them down after use, especially if you are soldering or using them near strong chemicals.
Oil the rotating “Palm Pad” occasionally so that it rotates easily when you are removing and tightening screws.
All of our Screwdriver and Nut Driver tips are hardened, but excessive force OR using the wrong size tip for the job you are doing can still cause wear or damage them.
Choose the correct size tip carefully: This is important because the screws and nuts in today’s models are NOT usually hardened. While the screwdriver tip MAY not be damaged if you do not match the screw and the driver tip you choose, the screw itself will very often be quite badly damaged by any significant mis-matching.
Making the Choice
Nut Drivers should fit the Nut smoothly with NO slop. Any slop will almost certainly cause Driver or Nut damage.
Blade-type tips must NOT be too small and “sloppy” in the screw head. This will chew out the centre of the screw and the under-sized driver tip may also be damaged.
Cross-type tips must NOT be significantly smaller than the screw-head. This will damage the screw and may also allow too much leverage, damaging the too-small tip.
Cross-type tips must NOT be significantly larger than the screw-head recess. This will badly damage a screw-head quite quickly, making it impossible to remove it.
- Mitre Cutter
- Countersunk Screws 1.5 x 8mm (60 Pieces)
- Countersunk Screw Set 8x Vials with 60 screws in each
- Fibreglass Brush Fine
- Fine Sprue Cutter
- Fine Wire Strippers (Pre-Settable)
- Countersunk Screws 2 x 6mm (60 Pieces)
- Pan Head Screws 1 x 3mm (60 Pieces)
- Fibreglass Brush Medium
- Super Sharp Shears
- Legacy Models Power Point Baseboard Dowels (2-Pairs)
- Countersunk Screws 2 x 8mm (60 Pieces)
- Pan Head Screws 1 x 5mm (60 Pieces)
- Pan Head Screws 1 x 8mm (60 Pieces)
- Fibreglass Brush Refills Fine (5 Pack)
- Fibreglass Brush Refills Medium (5 Pack)
- Nut Driver Set
- Legacy Models Power Point Baseboard Dowels (4 Pairs)
- Pan Head Screws 1.5 x 4mm (60 Pieces)
- File Set (6 Files)
- Compound Protractor (Plastic)
- Pan Head Screws 1.5 x 6mm (60 Pieces)
- Sapphire No Clean Flux (30ml)
- Baseboard Dowels (2) with Spade Drill Bits
- Pan Head Screws 1.5 x 8mm (60 Pieces)
- Track Cutters (Super Sharp)
- Baseboard Dowels (4)
- Pan Head Screws 2 x 5mm (60 Pieces)
- Iron Stand (w/Sponge)
- Drill Bits (Coated) 0.3mm – 1.6mm (20 Pack)
- Pan Head Screws 2 x 8mm (60 Pieces)
- Drill Bits (Coated) 0.3/0.5/0.7mm (10 Each)
- Countersunk Screws 1 x 3mm (60 Pieces)
- Drill Bits (Coated) 0.3mm (10 Pack)
- Heavy Track Cutters
- Countersunk Screws 1 x 5mm (60 Pieces)
- Drill Bits (Coated) 0.5mm (10 Pack)
- Countersunk Screws 1 x 8mm (60 Pieces)
- Drill Bits (Coated) 0.7mm (10 Pack)
- Mitre Cutter Blade
- Countersunk Screws 1.5 x 4mm (60 Pieces)
- Countersunk Screws 1.5 x 6mm (60 Pieces)
- Mega Screw Set 16x 60 Vials (w/20 Drill Bit Set)
- Pan Head Screw Set 8x Vials with 60 screws in each