Class 3F Jinty BR Black (Late Crest) 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive (Unnumbered) DCC Fitted By Dapol | Code: 7S-026-012UD | O Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||O Gauge|
The class 3F, also known as the Jinty, was based on the class 2441 developed by Henry Fowler in 1899. This class of locomotive was built between 1924 and 1931 and although it is a small locomotive it became one of the most used locomotive in British railway history. A total of 422 locomotives were built in this class and some of them still remain in preservation.
They represent the ultimate development of the Midland Railway's six-coupled tank engines. The design of this class was based on rebuilds by Henry Fowler of the Midland Railway 2441 Class introduced in 1899 by Samuel Waite Johnson. These rebuilds featured a Belpaire firebox and improved cab. The first 49 locomotives did not have the distinctive keyhole sand box fillers in the tank sides, but our models are of locomotives that did have the key hole.
British Railways numbers were the LMS numbers prefixed with '4'. Numbers 47477, 47478, 47479, 47480, 47481, 47655 and 47681 were fitted for push-pull train working.
This model of the 3F "Jinty" locomotive features a die-cast chassis and running plate. It also features three link couplings and sprung buffers as standard which adds to the detail. A stunning model and set to be a great addition to any O gauge railway.
- Sprung metal buffers
- Die-cast running plate
- Compensated die-cast chassis
- Die-cast and profiled wheels
- Flickering fire light effect
- High level of separately applied detail
- Removable cab roof for ease of posing your locomotive crew
- Dapol’s proven motor and gearbox offering exceptional smooth performance and slow running capabilities
- CLASS 3F "Jinty"
- LIVERY BR Late Crest
- ERA 5 (1957 - 1966)
- WHEEL CONFIGURATION 0-6-0T
- DECODER 21 Pin DCC27 Ready
- SOUND Use Soundtraxx STX881106 Steam Sound Decoder (Speaker Required)
- COUPLINGS Articulated screw
- TRACK SUPPLY 12v DC
- PAINT FINISH Pristine
- LENGTH OVER BUFFER 222mm
- WIDTH 58mm
- HEIGHT 85mm
The London Midland and Scottish Railway (LMS) Fowler 3F 0-6-0T represents the apex in the development of the Midland Railway's six-coupled tank engines. The locomotive design was based on rebuilds by Henry Fowler of the Midland Railway 2441 Class introduced in 1899 by Samuel Waite Johnson. A total of 422 Jinties were built between 1924 and 1931. The first 49 locomotives did not have the distinctive keyhole sand box fillers in the tank sides. The Dapol model will be of locomotives that did have the key hole. Also featured in the Dapol range is the push pull fitted version of the locomotive. A total of 9 of the class survive into preservation with 47406 providing the sound recording for those modellers who wish to have this feature. The locomotive is now affectionately referred to as a Jinty a name that appears to be one bestowed by rail enthusiasts as there is no evidence of the name being used by the men who operated these locomotives.
- Wainwright D Class Southern Lined Maunsell Olive Green 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.1730
- Wainwright D Class BR Sunshine Black 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.31731
- Wainwright D Class BR Lined Black Early Crest 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.31574
- Wainwright D Class SECR Grey (Scraped Beading) 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.726
- Wainwright D Class Southern Sunshine 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.1734
- Wainwright D Class SECR Green 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.488 (Pre Grouping Silk Finish)
- Stroudley Terrier A1 Class LBSC Stroudley Improved Engine Green Brighton Gold 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive DCC Ready
- 'Haileybury' Southern Sage Lined Schools Class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.924 DCC FITTED
- Pannier 8752 GWR Green Great Western Late Cab DCC Fitted
- Pannier Ex 5775 GNSR Lined Early Cab
- Class A4 4-6-2 4482 "Golden Eagle" in LNER apple green with valances
- A4 Valanced Sea Eagle - DCC Fitted
- 'Pitchford Hall' GWR Green (Crest Livery) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.4953
- A3 Flying Scotsman 60103 BR Green L/Crest
- Terrier A1X 32635 Brighton Works Improved Engine Green
- M7 0-4-4 British Railways Lined Black 30248
- Battle of Britain ‘Spitfire’ 34066 BR Green Late Crest DCC Fitted
- Y3 Sentinel 4wVB BR Early Crest Dept 39 - DCC Fitted with Sound
- Sentinel 4wVB No.14 in National Coal Board livery 'Maude'
- Class 57xx Pannier 6739 BR Black Early Crest
- Terrier A1X 32650 BR Lined Black Early Crest - DCC Fitted
- Terrier A1 Fenchurch Marsh Brown - DCC Sound
- L&SWR B4 0-4-0T Lined Green 91 - DCC Fitted
- Class 74xx 0-6-0PT Pannier 7444 in BR black with late crest - DCC Fitted
- Class 74xx Pannier 7444 BR Black Late Crest - DCC Sound
- Class 3F Jinty British Railways Black (Early Crest) 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.47569 DCC Fitted
- "Hook Norton Manor" BR Lined Black (Early Emblem) 78xx Manor Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.7823
- Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive #5108 in GWR Green Shirt Button Roundel
- Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive #6167 Lined Green with Late Crest (Bunker Steps) - DCC Fitted
- 'Brighton' BR Green L/Crest Lined Schools Class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.30915
- Pannier 6752 GWR Green lettered GWR Later Cab
- Pannier Ex 5775 GNSR Lined Early Cab DCC Fitted
- Class A4 4-6-2 4482 "Golden Eagle" in LNER apple green with valances - DCC Fitted
- 'Pitchford Hall' GWR Green (Crest Livery) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.4953 - DCC FITTED
- A3 Flying Scotsman 60103 BR Green L/Crest DCC Fitted
- Terrier A1X No.72 Newhaven Harbour Company Lined Black
- M7 0-4-4 BR Early Crest Lined Black 30673
- Class 6800 4-6-0 6820 "Kingstone Grange" in GWR green with shirtbutton emblem
- Battle of Britain ‘66 Squadron’ 34110 BR Green Early Crest
- Sentinel 4wVB No.14 in National Coal Board livery - DCC Fitted 'Maude'
- Terrier A1X 32650 BR Lined Black Early Crest - DCC Sound
- Class 3F Jinty BR Black 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.47406
- "Hook Norton Manor" BR Lined Black (Early Emblem) 78xx Manor Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.7823 DCC Fitted
- Stroudley Terrier A1X Class BR Lined Black Early Crest 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.32655 DCC Ready
- Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive #5108 in GWR Green Shirt Button Roundel - DCC Fitted
- Large Prairie 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive #6167 Lined Green with Late Crest (Bunker Steps) - DCC Sound Fitted
- GWR 43xx 2-6-0 Mogul 5322 Khaki
- 'Brighton' BR Green L/Crest Lined Schools Class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.30915 DCC FITTED
- Pannier 6752 GWR Green lettered GWR Later Cab DCC Fitted