Class 57/6 57602 'Restormel Castle' GWR Green (FirstGroup) By Bachmann | Code: 32-756A | OO Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||2019 Range , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Class 57/6 57602 'Restormel Castle' GWR Green (FirstGroup)
Accessory-pack including etched nameplates where named Directional and cab interior lighting Cab front details appropriate to prototype Cooler group grilles appropriate to prototype Dellner rescue coupler appropriate to prototype
The Class 57 diesel locomotives were re-manufactured from Class 47s by Brush Traction of Loughborough between 1998 and 2004. The locomotives were fitted with re-conditioned EMD engines and the same model of traction alternator as that fitted to the Class 56.
The Class 57 is a re-engineered locomotive, rebuilt by Brush Traction, Loughborough from redundant Class 47 locomotives. The locomotives are fitted with a refurbished EMD engine and a re-conditioned alternator, improving reliability and performance. Three variants exist, one for freight and two for passenger operations. Each cost £300,000, about one-third that of a new-build locomotive.
The class has its origins in 1997 when Freightliner ordered an initial six locomotives. A prototype locomotive was converted by leasing company Porterbrook, with electric train heating in 2001, with a view to obtaining orders from passenger companies.
Class 57s have operated for Freightliner (Class 57/0), Virgin Trains (57/3) and Great Western/ GWR (57/6). Since original work has dried up or operating circumstances have changed, the locos have also been employed by Network Rail, Direct Rail Services (DRS), West Coast Railway Co. (WCRC) and Arriva Trains Wales. 57s are something of a 'Marmite' class with enthusiasts because although they keep loco-hauled services alive, they 'snatched' the bodies of much-loved Class 47 donors!
- L&YR Class 5 Tank 10730 LMS Crimson Lake (LMS)
- LNER A1 60163 'Tornado' BR Lined Green (Late Crest)
- Class 46 Centre Headcode 46020 BR Blue - DCC Sound
- Class 66/4 66413 Freightliner G&W - DCC Sound
- Class 101 2-Car DMU BR Green (Roundel) - DCC Sound
- 45T Bogie Well Wagon GWR Grey
- 8 Plank Wagon Coke Rails 'Stanton' Red
- BR 22T Tube Wagon BR Bauxite (Late) - Weathered
- BR 12T Planked Ventilated Van With Plywood Door BR Departmental Rail Stores
- BR 27T Steel Tippler BR Grey (Early) 'Iron Ore' - Weathered
- Derby Lightweight 2-Car DMU BR Green (Early Emblem)
- Class 419 MLV S68008 BR Blue & Grey
- LMS Ivatt 2MT Tank 41227 BR Lined Black (British Railways)
- 16T Steel Mineral Wagon Pressed End Door MOT Bauxite [WL]
- GWR Shunter Truck GWR Grey
- BR 22T Tube Wagon BR Bauxite (TOPS)
- BR Mk1 RMB Restaurant Miniature Buffet WCRC Maroon
- Open Bogie Wagon Nocton Estates L. R. Grey - Weathered
- RNAD Van Statfold Barn Railway White ‘MICA B’
- BR Mk2F BSO Brake Second Open Virgin Trains (Original)
- GWR 12T Shock Van Planked Ends BR Bauxite (Early) - Weathered
- 3 Plank Wagon LMS Grey with load
- BR MKA 'Limpet' Open Wagon Loadhaul
- LNER A1 60163 'Tornado' BR Lined Green (Late Crest) - DCC Sound
- Class B1 61076 BR Lined Black Late Crest - Weathered
- BR Standard 3MT Tank 82041 BR Lined Green (Late Crest)
- 45T Bogie Well Wagon LMS Grey
- 30T Bogie Bolster GWR Grey [WL]
- Bachmann 36-568A - 6 Pin DCC Decoder - New and Improved
- 14T Class B Anchor-Mounted Tank Wagon 'Regent Oil' Black
- BR Mk1 BG Brake Gangwayed High Security Rail Express Systems
- BR Mk1 GUV General Utility Van BR Blue 'Property Board'
- RNAD Flat Wagon Planked Ends RNAD Dean Hill With Sleeper Load
- 16T Steel Slope-Sided Mineral Wagon BR Grey (Early) - Weathered
- BR VGA Van BR Railfreight Red (Speedlink)
- BR 27T Steel Tippler BR Bauxite Stone Traffic (TOPS)
- 16T Steel Slope-Sided Mineral Wagon 'Stewart & Lloyds' Red
- BR BAA Steel Carrier Wagon BR Railfreight Metals Sector - Weathered
- 30T Bogie Bolster BR Grey (Early) - Weathered
- 5 Plank Wagon Wooden Floor 'Binley' Black
- Class 47/7 47711 'Greyfriars Bobby' BR Blue (Large Logo)
- Class B1 1264 LNER Lined Green Locomotive
- BR Standard 9F with BR1F Tender 92069 BR Black (Early Emblem) - Weathered
- BR Standard 4MT with BR1B Tender 76066 BR Black (Late Crest) - Weathered
- 5 Plank China Clay 3-Wagon Pack BR Bauxite (Early) With Tarpaulin Covers
- BR 12T Shock Van Corrugated Ends BR Bauxite (Early)
- CEA Covered Hopper Loadhaul - Weathered
- BR VDA Van BR Railfreight Red & Grey
- BR 12T Ventilated Van BR Bauxite (TOPS)
- 16T Steel Slope-Sided Mineral Wagon 'Rother Vale' Black