Class 37/5 Refurbished 37669 West Coast Railways WCRC Maroon Diesel Locomotive By Bachmann | Code: 32-395 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||2019 Range , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Class 37/5 Refurbished 37669 WCRC Maroon
Low production run, Bachmann has already sold out on pre-orders. Order now to secure yours!
If you require a DCC Decoder for this locomotive, please add 1 x 36-557 to your basket.
If you would like Rails of Sheffield to DCC Fit your locomotive, please add 1 x DCCFIT21 to your order. Please note that this service includes the cost of the Decoder.
DCC SOUND SERVICES
If you would like a Sound Decoder for this locomotive, please add 1 x S0177-21 to your basket.
Accessory-pack Directional and cab interior lights Nose and grille detail appropriate to prototype
The British Rail Class 37 is a diesel-electric locomotive. Also known as the English Electric Type 3, the Class was ordered as part of the British Rail modernisation plan. They were numbered in two series, D6600-D6608 and D6700-D6999.
The Class 37 became a familiar sight on many parts of the British Rail network, in particular forming the main motive power for InterCity services in East Anglia and within Scotland. They also performed well on secondary and inter-regional services for many years. The Class 37s are known to some railway enthusiasts as "Tractors", due to the distinctive agricultural sound of the diesel engine of the locomotive.
Despite all members of the build now being over 50 years old, over 60 locomotives are still mainline registered and remain active undertaking a variety of passenger, freight and departmental duties on the national rail network in 2019. Approximately 30 locomotives have been preserved.
In the 1980s the Class 37 locomotives were extensively refurbished - from that point 37/0 refers to the original version. The work took place at British Rail Engineering Limited's Crewe Works except for the 37/3 subclass whose bogies were replaced at various depots.
37/0 remained unmodified after other sub-classes were created
37/3 were rebogied but not refurbished
37/4 were refurbished, rewired, English Electric generator replaced with Brush alternator, electric train supply (ETS) fitted
37/5 were refurbished, rewired, English Electric generator replaced with Brush Traction alternator
37/6 were locomotives from Class 37/5 further modified with through ETS wiring and RCH jumper cables
37/7 were refurbished, rewired, English Electric generator replaced with GEC G564AZ or Brush alternator, additional weight added
37/9 were refurbished, rewired, English Electric generator replaced with Brush alternator, new engines: Mirrlees MB275Tt or Ruston RK270Tt
- Class 46 Centre Headcode 46020 BR Blue - DCC Sound
- Class 66/4 66413 Freightliner G&W - DCC Sound
- 45T Bogie Well Wagon GWR Grey
- L&YR Class 5 Tank 10730 LMS Crimson Lake (LMS)
- 8 Plank Wagon Coke Rails 'Stanton' Red
- BR 27T Steel Tippler BR Grey (Early) 'Iron Ore' - Weathered
- Class 101 2-Car DMU BR Green (Roundel) - DCC Sound
- LNER A1 60163 'Tornado' BR Lined Green (Late Crest)
- SR 12T 2+2 Planked Ventilated Van BR Bauxite (Early) - Weathered
- BR 12T Planked Ventilated Van With Plywood Door BR Departmental Rail Stores
- BR 22T Tube Wagon BR Bauxite (Late) - Weathered
- Class 419 MLV S68008 BR Blue & Grey
- LMS Ivatt 2MT Tank 41227 BR Lined Black (British Railways)
- GWR 57xx Pannier Tank BR Black (Late Crest) Locomotive No. 5775
- Derby Lightweight 2-Car DMU BR Green (Early Emblem)
- 16T Steel Mineral Wagon Pressed End Door MOT Bauxite [WL]
- GWR 12T Shock Van Planked Ends BR Bauxite (Early) - Weathered
- 3 Plank Wagon LMS Grey with load
- BR MKA 'Limpet' Open Wagon Loadhaul
- GWR Shunter Truck GWR Grey
- BR 22T Tube Wagon BR Bauxite (TOPS)
- BR Mk1 RMB Restaurant Miniature Buffet WCRC Maroon
- Open Bogie Wagon Nocton Estates L. R. Grey - Weathered
- RNAD Van Statfold Barn Railway White ‘MICA B’
- BR Mk2F BSO Brake Second Open Virgin Trains (Original)
- Class 159 No.159013 BR Network SouthEast livery 3 Car DMU DCC Sound
- Class B1 61076 BR Lined Black Late Crest - Weathered
- BR Standard 3MT Tank 82041 BR Lined Green (Late Crest)
- Class 20/0 Headcode Box 20201 BR Blue
- Class 55 'Deltic' D9010 'The King’s Own Scottish Borderer' BR Two-Tone Green (Small Yellow Panels) - DCC Sound
- LNER A1 60163 'Tornado' BR Lined Green (Late Crest) - DCC Sound
- Bachmann 36-568A - 6 Pin DCC Decoder - New and Improved
- Class 66/7 66789 'British Rail 1948-1997' GBRf BR Blue (Large Logo)
- 51 Tonne SSA Scrap Wagon EWS - Weathered
- 45T Bogie Well Wagon LMS Grey
- 30T Bogie Bolster GWR Grey [WL]
- BR 27T Steel Tippler BR Bauxite Stone Traffic (TOPS)
- BR Mk1 BG Brake Gangwayed High Security Rail Express Systems
- BR Mk1 GUV General Utility Van BR Blue 'Property Board'
- RNAD Flat Wagon Planked Ends RNAD Dean Hill With Sleeper Load
- 16T Steel Slope-Sided Mineral Wagon 'Stewart & Lloyds' Red
- 16T Steel Slope-Sided Mineral Wagon BR Grey (Early) - Weathered
- SR 12T Plywood Ventilated Van BR Bauxite (Late) - Weathered
- BR BAA Steel Carrier Wagon BR Railfreight Metals Sector - Weathered
- 14T Class B Anchor-Mounted Tank Wagon 'Regent Oil' Black
- BR VGA Van BR Railfreight Red (Speedlink)
- Class 47/7 47711 'Greyfriars Bobby' BR Blue (Large Logo)
- Class B1 1264 LNER Lined Green Locomotive
- Class 55 'Deltic' 55003 'Meld' BR Blue