BR Standard 5MT with BR1 Tender 73050 BR Lined Black (Late Crest) By Graham Farish | Code: 372-729 | N Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
BR Standard 5MT with BR1 Tender 73050 BR Lined Black (Late Crest)
- Built: 1951 – 1957
- Built for: BR
- Designed by: Robert A. Riddles
- Duties: mixed traffic
- Wheels: 4-6-0
- Removable coal load with empty coal space modelled below
- Sprung buffers
- BR1F Tender
- Etched nameplates
The BR Standard Class 5MT locomotives were constructed between 1951 and 1957, under the direction of R A Riddles. A total of 172 engines were built and the Class was widely distributed, with locomotives being allocated to every region of the BR network.
Tenders linked to the 5MTs varied according to the needs of each region and the routes undertaken. Several varieties were used, including one with a greater water capacity for the Southern region, due to the area having no water troughs.
A significant engineering innovation was the fitting of the BR Caprotti valve gear to 30 members of the class – this part proved to be more mechanically efficient than the pistons previously installed, and locomotives to which it was fitted were consequently more powerful for their size.
Withdrawals commenced in 1964, with the final members of the class ceasing operation in 1965. In all, five locomotives have been preserved.
- N Class No.1823 in Southern Railway lined Maunsell Green (DCC Sound)
- WD Austerity Class 'Major-General Mc Mullen' LMR Blue 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No.79250
- SE&CR N Class 31810 BR Lined Black (Late Crest) Weathered Edition
- LNER J39 with Group Standard 4200 Gallon Tender 64897 BR Black (Early Emblem)
- WD Austerity Class BR Black Early Emblem Weathered 2-8-0 Locomotive No.90441
- WD Austerity Class LNER Black 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No.3085
- Castle Class #5070 'Sir Daniel Gooch' BR Lined Green Late Crest
- LNER J39 with Stepped Tender 64739 BR Black (Late Crest)
- SE&CR N Class 1860 SR Black (Sunshine)
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 4057 LMS Black (MR numerals)
- BR Standard 5MT with BR1B Tender 73109 BR Lined Black (Early Emblem)
- LMS Fairburn Tank 2278 LMS Black (Revised) Weathered
- BR Standard 5MT with BR1 Tender 73049 BR Lined Green (Late Crest) - DCC Sound
- LMS Fairburn Tank 42062 BR Lined Black (Late Crest)
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 43892 BR Black (British Railways)
- LNER O6 (8F) LNER Black (LNER Revised) 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No. 3518
- LMS Stanier Class 8F BR Black (Late Crest) 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No. 48773 DCC Sound
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 43931 BR Black (Late Crest) Weathered
- LNER J39 with Stepped Tender 4761 LNER Black (LNER Original)