Alan Pegler USA Tour 'Flying Scotsman' LNER Green Class A3 Twin Tendered 4-6-2 Locomotive No.4472 (Gold Plated) By Hornby | Code: R3738 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||2019 Range , Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The R3738 USA Tour ‘Flying Scotsman’ has proven a popular choice since it was announced earlier this year. This unique model locomotive with 18 carat gold plated running gear and a wooden plinth (with matching gold plated rails), offers the collector a perfect example that celebrates an anniversary in Flying Scotsman's history.
The USA Tour was not without its struggles, particularly for the then owner Alan Pegler but this special tour locomotive with its alterations, offer a true slice of railway history.
It is perhaps no wonder that the R3738 Flying Scotsman is proving so popular with collectors and enthusiasts and it is with great pleasure that we offer the first glimpse of the model itself, including both the plinth and commemorative presentation box. Soon to be released, it is recommended that orders are placed for such an exquisite model so as to avoid disappointment.
1969-2019: THE USA TOUR 50TH ANNIVERSARY It was in 1965 that the millionaire seafood industrialist F. Nelson Blount, founder of Steamtown USA, first sowed the seeds to Alan Pegler of 4472 Flying Scotsman visiting the United States, but little was the railway entrepreneur and preservationist to know just how much the enterprise would end up costing him personally and how it would affect the future of Flying Scotsman for years to come. In addition to the twin tendered 4472 Flying Scotsman, the exhibition train consisted of nine coaches; BR Mk.1 BCK
If you require our fitting services please use the following links and add them to your basket:
Standard fitting ** INCLUDING ** price of decoder DCCFIT8
Sound fitting NOT INCLUDING price of decoder DCCSSFIT
- ‘Walter K Whigham’ BR Experimental Purple Class A4 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No. 60028
- Santa's Express Train Set
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207
- GWR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4154
- BR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4160 DCC FITTED
- ROD, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 5662
- Class 92 043 'Debussy' GBRf Europorte Co-Co Electric Locomotive
- Class 31 102 BR Blue A1A-A1A Diesel Locomotive
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden' DCC FITTED
- GWR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Left Hand) 5503
- BR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Right Hand) W4951W - Era 4
- BR 59' Bulleid Suburban Corridor Brake Third Coach S2852S
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TS
- LNER Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO) 42150
- Cross Country Trains, Mk3 Sliding Door TCC
- GWR Collett 'Bow Ended' Corridor Brake Third (R/H) No.4941
- BR (exSR) 10 Ton Bullied Cattle Wagon 'S52347'
- 4 Plank Wagon, 'C&F Gaen' No. 4
- BR, D2068 20T Brake Van No.M731792
- BR Grey 20T Brake Van B950884 (Weathered)
- Fowler Steam Roller
- Ballast - Granite
- Static Grass - Spring Meadow, 2.5mm
- Lichen - Green Mix
- Horse Chestnut Tree
- Lime Tree
- Class 60044 'Dowlow' DB Schenker Co-Co Diesel Locomotive DCC with TTS Sound!
- Longmorn Distillery 'Queen Anne' Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS 0-4-0 Locomotive
- BR (Late), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30859 'Robert Blake'
- BR Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First Class Coach No.S7858S
- GWR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Right Hand) 4972
- SR 59' Bulleid Suburban Corridor Composite Coach 5711 - Era 3
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TGS
- BR Mk2F First Open M3374
- BR Intercity Executive Mk2F Brake 2nd Class Open Coach #9525
- BR Maroon GUV Coach 'W86468'
- 'Sherwood Colliery' 7 Plank Wagon No. 47
- LNER, Dia.064 'Toad E' Brake Van - 162007
- Figures - Town People
- Figures - Farm Animals
- TTS Sound Decoder - Princess Royal Class
- Flockage - Dark Green
- Static Grass - Grass Meadow, 2.5mm
- Static Grass - Alpine Meadow (with Boulders), 2.5mm
- Lichen - Large Green Mix
- Fruit Trees
- Hogsmeade Station, Footbridge
- GWR Collett 'Bow Ended' Corridor Brake Third Class (L/H) No.4942
- DRS 'Northern Belle' Train Pack
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207 DCC FITTED