DRS 'Northern Belle' Train Pack By Hornby | Code: R3697 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||2019 Range , Class 57 , Diesel/Electric Loco , Train Packs ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
West Coast Railways, Class 57 Co-Co, 57601 ‘Windsor Castle’ with Northern Belle Mk2 Coaches, First Open ‘Chatsworth’ and ‘Warwick’ and Corridor Brake First Car ‘Mow Cop’.
The Northern Belle luxury train service commenced in June 2000, the result of an extensive programme of refurbishment undertaken by Venice-Simplon Orient Express featuring a number of ageing ex-BR Mk.2 vehicles. The refurbishment was designed to mimic that of the Pullman coaches that ran in the luxury ‘Belle’ trains, evoking the opulence of luxury rail travel in the 1920s and 1930s. The result was coach interiors that were modified to Pullman standards with new seating, lighting and wood paneling.
The interiors of the seven named dining cars feature hand crafted marquetry that was installed by the firm of A. Dunn and Son. Using techniques and machinery that have essentially remained unchanged since the 18th century, Dunn’s marquetry was used in the great ocean going liners such as Titanic, Lusitania, Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth, the floors of Buckingham Palace and the original Pullman and Wagons-Lits coaches. Each named car carries marquetry motifs relating to their title, being Alnwick, Belvoir, Glamis, Harlech, Warwick and Duart castles, as well as Chatsworth House.
The inaugural run of the Northern Belle was from York to Grantham, featuring a reception at nearby Belvoir Castle, with the first public run, the ‘Birmingham Lunch Excursion’, taking place on 2 June 2000, running from Birmingham, out to Chester, then returning via Wrexham and Shrewsbury to Birmingham. The Northern Belle was always intended for touring destinations in northern Britain, but not exclusively so, as current destinations include locations and events in London, the south-west and southern Britain.
Traction for the Northern Belle has varied since 2000 when the train was operated by VSOE; it is now owned by Northern Belle (Holdings) Limited and the operator is West Coast Railways and to accompany the train, WCR’s Class 57 57601 ‘Windsor Castle’ has been re-liveried into a matching Northern Belle umber and cream livery.
DCC-Ready 8-pin. Suitable decoder Hornby R8249
If you require our fitting service please use the following link and add the item to your basket:
standard fitting INCLUDING price of the decoder DCCFIT8
Suitable sound decoder ESU Loksound Class S0222-8
If you require our sound fitting service please use the following links and add the item to your basket:
Sound fitting NOT including price of decoder DCCDIFIT
- ‘Walter K Whigham’ BR Experimental Purple Class A4 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No. 60028
- Santa's Express Train Set
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207
- GWR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4154
- BR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4160 DCC FITTED
- ROD, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 5662
- Class 92 043 'Debussy' GBRf Europorte Co-Co Electric Locomotive
- Class 31 102 BR Blue A1A-A1A Diesel Locomotive
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden' DCC FITTED
- BR (exSR) 10 Ton Bullied Cattle Wagon 'S52347'
- 4 Plank Wagon, 'C&F Gaen' No. 4
- BR, D2068 20T Brake Van No.M731792
- BR Grey 20T Brake Van B950884 (Weathered)
- Fowler Steam Roller
- Ballast - Granite
- Static Grass - Spring Meadow, 2.5mm
- Lichen - Green Mix
- Horse Chestnut Tree
- Lime Tree
- GWR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Left Hand) 5503
- BR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Right Hand) W4951W - Era 4
- BR 59' Bulleid Suburban Corridor Brake Third Coach S2852S
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TS
- LNER Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO) 42150
- Cross Country Trains, Mk3 Sliding Door TCC
- GWR Collett 'Bow Ended' Corridor Brake Third (R/H) No.4941
- Class 60044 'Dowlow' DB Schenker Co-Co Diesel Locomotive DCC with TTS Sound!
- Longmorn Distillery 'Queen Anne' Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS 0-4-0 Locomotive
- BR (Late), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30859 'Robert Blake'
- BR Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First Class Coach No.S7858S
- GWR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Right Hand) 4972
- SR 59' Bulleid Suburban Corridor Composite Coach 5711 - Era 3
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TGS
- BR Mk2F First Open M3374
- BR Intercity Executive Mk2F Brake 2nd Class Open Coach #9525
- BR Maroon GUV Coach 'W86468'
- 'Sherwood Colliery' 7 Plank Wagon No. 47
- LNER, Dia.064 'Toad E' Brake Van - 162007
- Figures - Town People
- Figures - Farm Animals
- TTS Sound Decoder - Princess Royal Class
- Flockage - Dark Green
- Static Grass - Grass Meadow, 2.5mm
- Static Grass - Alpine Meadow (with Boulders), 2.5mm
- Lichen - Large Green Mix
- Fruit Trees
- Hogsmeade Station, Footbridge
- GWR Collett 'Bow Ended' Corridor Brake Third Class (L/H) No.4942
- Eurostar, Class 373/1 e300 Train Pack