Class 37 116 in BR Blue (Special) Livery Diesel Locomotive *Regional Special Edition* - OO Gauge By Bachmann | Code: 32-781SD
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 37 , Diesel/Electric Loco|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
This is an exclusive model only available to a selection of Bachmann Europe retailers.
Built at the English Electric Vulcan foundry in 1962 and numbered D6816, this class 37 was first allocated to Sheffield Darnall where it spent its early years working around Sheffield and various depots in the northeast. In February 1974, upon gaining BR blue livery, it was renumbered to No. 37116. Less than a year later it was transferred to Stratford in January 1975 becoming an Eastern Region regular.
No. 37116 first gained celebrity status when it appeared at the Norwich Crown Point Open Day on the 30th May 1987, wearing a very striking variation of BR large logo blue livery with some unique embellishments. It is in this livery that our model is represented. Following overhaul at Doncaster Works the loco received the ubiquitous large logo blue, and was notably the only Class 37 in this livery to retained its original buffer-beam skirts.
No. 37116 was later transferred back to Tinsley during mid-1989 where it gained the unofficial painted name ‘Comet’. After cascading into Transrail ownership in 1996, it kept its celebrity status being repainted into a unique version of BR blue with Transrail branding but losing its buffer-beam skirts and rebuilt with flush fronts. It was also named ‘Sister Dora’. Secured for preservation and restoration by the Chinnor and Princes Risborough Railway in 2007, it is one of several class 37/0s currently working on the mainline for Colas Rail providing power for test trains and various duties.
- Class 37/0 No. 37032 Railfreight Red Stripe - Weathered
- Class 37/0 No. 37032 Railfreight Red Stripe - Weathered - DCC Sound
- Class 37/0 No. D6739 BR Green Small Yellow Panel
- Class 37/0 No. 37046 BR Grey & Yellow 'Dutch' Split Headcode
- Class 37 422 'Robert.F.Fairlie' Regional Railways Diesel Locomotive
- CLASS 37/5 37688 "KINGMOOR TMD" DIRECT RAIL SERVICES COMPASS BLUE LOCOMOTIVE - OO GAUGE -** CUSTOM WEATHERED**
- Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive DCC Sound
- Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive Weathered
- Class 37/5 37688 "Kingmoor TMD" Direct Rail Services Compass Blue Locomotive
- Snowplough for class 37 (x4)
- Class 37 116 in BR Blue (Special) Livery Diesel Locomotive *Regional Special Edition* DCC Sound Fitted
- Class 37 041 BR Blue Split Headcode Diesel Locomotive
- Class 37 284 BR Blue Centre Panel Headcode Diesel Locomotive
- Class 37 425 'Sir Robert McAlpine / Concrete Bob' BR Construction Sector Diesel Locomotive
- Class 37/0 37049 'Imperial' BR Triple Grey Coal Split Headcode locomotive