Class 25/3 BR Blue/Grey 'ETHEL1' ADB97250 By Heljan | Code: 2540 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Class 25 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
THIS MODEL IS UNPOWERED BUT THEY WILL STILL RETAIN PICKUPS, LIGHTING AND DCC INTERFACE TO ALLOW EASY INSTALLATION OF SOUND
The ETHEL (Electric Train Heating Ex-Locomotives) were three Ex Class 25 locomotives were converted for use as mobile generators to provide electric heating on trains where the main locomotive could not supply. They retained their engine and generators, but had the traction motors removed, they were able to provide heat and lighting, but unable to move independently. Commonly seen on the MK3 coaching stock on the "Caledonian Sleeper" trains and on the West Highland Line heating the stock for locos that were not fitted with ETH.
With the growing proliferation of steam specials on and run by BR brought further use for the ETHELs, with their ability to provide power/heating for rolling stock, as none of the steam locomotives being able to supply such to the coaching stock.
DCC-Ready 21 pin socket. Suitable decoder RAILS CONNECT DECODER RoS-218
Standard fitting INCLUDING price of decoder: DCCFIT21
DCC SOUND SERVICES
If you would like a Sound Decoder for this locomotive, please add 1 x S0174-21 to your basket.
- Class 25/3 - D7550 BR Two Tone Green with full yellow ends and BR Blue data panel
- Class 25 BR Rail Blue 25301 (domino headcodes)
- Class 25/3 - D7661 BR Early Blue with small yellow panels
- Class 25 BR two-tone green FYE 7561
- Class 25/3 D7667 BR Rail Blue with full yellow ensue (twin double arrows - 1000th loco built at Derby Works)
- Class 25 BR Rail Blue 25323 (pre-1976)
- Class 25 BR Rail Blue 7513
- Class 25 155 (WR) BR Rail Blue with full yellow ends (single, central delve arrows) and headcode still in place (Weathered)
- Class 25 093 (ScR/LMR) BR Rail Blue with bodyside numbers (single, centrally placed double arrows) and domino headcodes
- Class 25 912 BR 'Tamworth Castle' Ice Cream Van Livery with silver roof
- Class 25/3 - D7672 'Tamworth Castle' BR Special Two-Tone Green
- Class 25/3 Intercity 'ETHEL3' ADB97252
- Class 25 BR two-tone green SYP D5243
- Class 25/3 - D7647 BR Two Tone Green with small yellow panels
- Class 25 BR Rail Blue 25095 (with cab front numbers)
- Class 25/3 - D5244 BR Two tone Green with small yellow panels (Weathered)
- Class 25 BR Blue/Grey 97251 'ETHEL 2' (alternative livery)
- Class 25 BR Rail Blue 25904