Huntley & Palmers Peckett W4 Works Freight Pack - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3686
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Train Packs|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
***PRE ORDER ALLOCATION SOLD OUT ***
Expected: May 2019
Limited Edition Model, only 1,000 being produced!
Huntley & Palmers Ltd, Peckett W4 Class, 0-4-0ST, Locomotive ‘C’, with Huntley & Palmers Ltd six plank wagons nos. 23, 24 and 25.
Huntley & Palmers started out in 1822, with Joseph Huntley baking biscuits in the back of his small shop at 72 London Street in Reading and by 1846 the firm had grown to such an extent that a large factory on the Kings Road in Reading was purchased. Expansion continued at a pace and by 1898 the business had grown to become the largest biscuit manufacturer in the world, employing over 5,000 people on a twenty four acre site that spanned both banks of the River Kennet and which led to Reading becoming known as ‘Biscuit Town’. Peckett Works No. 831/1900 was built new for Huntley & Palmers of Reading, along with 832/1900 and a small two road locomotive shed was constructed at the north-east corner of the Huntley & Palmers factory site, adjacent to the Wokingham line, to accommodate them both. Locomotive 831/1900 received the Huntley & Palmers works designation of ‘C’ and operated across the extensive private sidings, which by the 1930s were seeing the movement of 15,000 wagons per year.
This limited edition freight pack recreates the atmosphere of the freight sidings at Huntley & Palmers’ factory, featuring the intricate Huntley & Palmers Ltd liveried Peckett W4 at the beginning of the 20th century, as well as three of the distinctive liveried, numbered, Huntley & Palmers Ltd six plank wagons.
- Wainwright H Class 0-4-4T Late BR Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- GWR Class 43 HST Power Cars 43041 'Meningitis Trust Support for Life' and 43005
- Collett 2-8-2T Class 72xx Freight Pack (South and Mid Wales late 1950s)
- GWR HST 125 Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 GWR 5 Car Train Pack
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 DPTS & DPTF Test Train Power Units Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Golden Arrow Last Steam Run Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Tyseley Connection 'Pitchford Hall' Train Pack - Limited Edition of 1000
- LNER Queen of Scots Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Pullman, 5-BEL 'Brighton Belle' Train Pack
- The 15 Guinea Special Train Pack
- GWR, IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 'Queen Elizabeth II' & 'Queen Victoria' Train Pack
- 'Going Home’ - 1945-2015: 70th Anniversary of the end of the Second World War Train Pack - Limited Edition