'Forest No. 1' Peckett W4 Class Charity Colliery 0-4-0ST Locomotive By Hornby | Code: R3680 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The Peckett W Class was a classic, late Victorian, four-coupled, medium range, industrial saddletank that comprised six separate variations, from the W2 of 1884 to the W7 of 1938. Locomotives were built at the Atlas Engine Works in St. George, Bristol, Peckett & Sons Ltd having taken over the business established there by Fox, Walker & Company in 1880.
Peckett steam locos, noted for their fine rivet work on the cabs and tanks and the generous use of brass and copperwork, continued to be built at Atlas Works until June 12, 1958. Describing their core market as “Colleries, Ironworks, Contractors Tinplate Works etc.” Peckett took pride in turning their locos out in a lined Works livery and utilised many standard components in their construction, however the nature of the locomotives’ end use meant there were a number of alterations carried out, particularly as reduced height versions for operating in smelting works and collieries. Peckett were eventually bought out by Reed Crane & Hoist Company during 1961, having produced 140 W4 locomotives between April 1885 and February 1906.
Peckett Works No.484/1889 was built for William Williams & Co. of Morriston in Glamorgan, for use at the Upper Forest and Worcester Steel & Tinplate Works. Sold on via J.F Wake’s dealership to Stanley Brothers Ltd’s Charity Colliery, Forest No.1 continued in service until 1924 when the colliery closed.
- BR Blue 'Duchess of Gloucester' Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46225
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74
- 'City of Edinburgh' LMS Black Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6241
- ‘Walter K Whigham’ BR Experimental Purple Class A4 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No. 60028
- BR Black (Early) Wainwright H Class 0-4-4 Tank Locomotive No.31265
- BR 4-6-0 'Leicester City' '61665', B17 Class, Early BR
- Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74 (Weathered)
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207
- Class 5101 Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4154
- Class 5101 Large Prairie BR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4160 (DCC Fitted)
- ROD, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 5662
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden' DCC FITTED
- Standard 2MT BR Green (Late) 2-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.78000
- LB&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton' DCC Fitted
- LSWR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.735
- LMS, Princess Royal Class, 4-6-2, 6212 'Duchess of Kent'
- BR Black J15 Class, Early BR 0-6-0 Locomotive '65469'
- LMS 4-6-0 'Royal Army Service Corps' '6126' Royal Scot Class
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- Peckett Willians and Robinson No. 882/1902 NICLAUSSE 0-4-0ST
- BR (Late), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30859 'Robert Blake'
- 'Cowes' Southern 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.W10
- LNER Garter Blue Rebuilt Class W1 4-6-4 Steam Locomotive No.10000
- BR Lined Green Rebuilt Class W1 4-6-4 Steam Locomotive No.60700
- B&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton'
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- BR 0-4-4T '30129' M7 Class, Late BR Black Locomotive
- Hornby BR 4-6-0 'The Ranger' '46165' Royal Scot Class, Late BR
- Maunsell Class S15 BR Black (Early) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30842
- GWR Green King Class 4-6-0 'King Edward II' 6000 Class Locomotive No.6023
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Black Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5089
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207 DCC FITTED
- BR (Early), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30852 'Sir Walter Raleigh'
- LNER, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 65235 'Gough'
- PO, Earl of Dudley's Round Oak Works, Peckett W4 Class (Open Back Cab), 0-4-0ST, 'Lady Edith'
- Bloxham & Whiston Ironstone Co. Ltd, Peckett B2 Class, 0-6-0ST, 1456/1918
- 'Edward Thompson' Thompson Class A2/3 LNER Apple Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.500
- 'Sun Castle' Thompson Class A2/3 BR Lined Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.60523
- LNER (Promotional) Class W1 'Hush Hush' 4-6-4 Steam Locomotive No.10000
- BR Merchant Navy (Rebuilt) 'Elder Dempster Lines' BR Green 4-6-2 Locomotive No.35030
- 'King George VI' LMS Streamlined Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6244
- Class 5101 Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4154 (DCC Fitted)
- BR Black 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.32655
- 1:1 Collection Limited Edition 'Bittern' LNER Blue Class A4 Twin Tendered 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.4464
- Peckett 614, Centenary Year Limited Edition - 2016
- 'Chamossaire' Thompson Class A2/3 LNER Apple Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.514
- 'Steady Aim' Thompson Class A2/3 BR Lined Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.60512