Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74 By Hornby | Code: R3679 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The Peckett W Class was a classic, late Victorian, four-coupled, medium range, industrial saddletank that comprised six separate variations, from the W2 of 1884 to the W7 of 1938. Locomotives were built at the Atlas Engine Works in St. George, Bristol, Peckett & Sons Ltd having taken over the business established there by Fox, Walker & Company in 1880.
Peckett steam locos, noted for their fine rivet work on the cabs and tanks and the generous use of brass and copperwork, continued to be built at Atlas Works until June 12, 1958. Describing their core market as “Colleries, Ironworks, Contractors Tinplate Works etc.” Peckett took pride in turning their locos out in a lined Works livery and utilised many standard components in their construction, however the nature of the locomotives’ end use meant there were a number of alterations carried out, particularly as reduced height versions for operating in smelting works and collieries. Peckett were eventually bought out by Reed Crane & Hoist Company during 1961, having produced 140 W4 locomotives between April 1885 and February 1906.
Peckett Works No.489/1890 was built for William Baird & Co. as Locomotive No.14, for use at their Gartsherrie Ironworks in Coatbridge. Having been passed to R.S Hayes of Bridgend for disposal, the locomotive was then sold to the Port of London Authority in 1943 and continued in PLA service as No.74, until being withdrawn in December 1957.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES DCC Ready 4 pin decoder X9659
If you require our fitting service please follow this link and add the item to your basket (this includes the price of the decoder) DCCFIT4
- BR 4-6-0 'Earl of St Germans' 5050 Castle Class - BR Early with TTS Sound
- BR Blue 'Duchess of Gloucester' Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46225
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- 'Forest No. 1' Peckett W4 Class Charity Colliery 0-4-0ST Locomotive
- 'City of Edinburgh' LMS Black Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6241
- ‘Walter K Whigham’ BR Experimental Purple Class A4 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No. 60028
- BR Black (Early) Wainwright H Class 0-4-4 Tank Locomotive No.31265
- BR 4-6-0 'Leicester City' '61665', B17 Class, Early BR
- 'King Henry III' BR Blue (Early) King Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.6025
- Adams Radial 415 Class BR Black (Late) 4-4-2 Tank Locomotive No.30583
- 'Llanvair Grange' 6800 Grange Class BR Green 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.6825
- BR Black J15 Class, Early BR 0-6-0 Locomotive '65469'
- LMS 4-6-0 'Royal Army Service Corps' '6126' Royal Scot Class
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207
- GWR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4154
- BR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4160 DCC FITTED
- ROD, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 5662
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden' DCC FITTED
- L&MR, Stephenson's Rocket Train Pack
- Standard 2MT BR Green (Late) 2-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.78000
- LB&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton' DCC Fitted
- LSWR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 735
- LMS, Princess Royal Class, 4-6-2, 6212 'Duchess of Kent'
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Maunsell Class S15 Southern Black 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.827
- Class J94 'United Steel Company' 0-6-0ST Locomotive No.22
- BR 0-4-4T '30129' M7 Class, Late BR Black Locomotive
- Hornby BR 4-6-0 'The Ranger' '46165' Royal Scot Class, Late BR
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- Peckett Willians and Robinson No. 882/1902 NICLAUSSE 0-4-0ST
- BR (Late), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30859 'Robert Blake'
- 'Cowes' Southern 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.W10
- LNER, Rebuilt Class W1, 4-6-4, 10000
- BR, Rebuilt Class W1, 4-6-4, 60700
- B&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton'
- Maunsell Class S15 BR Black (Early) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30842
- GWR Green King Class 4-6-0 'King Edward II' 6000 Class Locomotive No.6023
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Black Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5089
- "Bideford" BR Green (Original) West Country Class 4-6-2 Locomotive No.34019
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207 DCC FITTED
- BR (Early), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30852 'Sir Walter Raleigh'
- LNER, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 65235 'Gough'
- PO, Earl of Dudley's Round Oak Works, Peckett W4 Class (Open Back Cab), 0-4-0ST, 'Lady Edith'
- Bloxham & Whiston Ironstone Co. Ltd, Peckett B2 Class, 0-6-0ST, 1456/1918
- 'Edward Thompson' Thompson Class A2/3 LNER Apple Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.500
- 'Sun Castle' Thompson Class A2/3 BR Lined Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.60523
- LNER (Promotional), Class W1 'Hush Hush', 4-6-4, 10000
- Maunsell Class S15 BR Black (Late) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30831