Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74 - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3679
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Expected: December 2018
The Peckett W Class was a classic, late Victorian, four-coupled, medium range, industrial saddletank that comprised six separate variations, from the W2 of 1884 to the W7 of 1938. Locomotives were built at the Atlas Engine Works in St. George, Bristol, Peckett & Sons Ltd having taken over the business established there by Fox, Walker & Company in 1880.
Peckett steam locos, noted for their fine rivet work on the cabs and tanks and the generous use of brass and copperwork, continued to be built at Atlas Works until June 12, 1958. Describing their core market as “Colleries, Ironworks, Contractors Tinplate Works etc.” Peckett took pride in turning their locos out in a lined Works livery and utilised many standard components in their construction, however the nature of the locomotives’ end use meant there were a number of alterations carried out, particularly as reduced height versions for operating in smelting works and collieries. Peckett were eventually bought out by Reed Crane & Hoist Company during 1961, having produced 140 W4 locomotives between April 1885 and February 1906.
Peckett Works No.489/1890 was built for William Baird & Co. as Locomotive No.14, for use at their Gartsherrie Ironworks in Coatbridge. Having been passed to R.S Hayes of Bridgend for disposal, the locomotive was then sold to the Port of London Authority in 1943 and continued in PLA service as No.74, until being withdrawn in December 1957.
- BR Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 46225 'Duchess of Gloucester
- BR 4-6-0 'Earl of St Germans' 5050 Castle Class - BR Early with TTS Sound
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- BR Class 14XX 0-4-2T 1424
- Charity Colliery Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST 'Forest No. 1'
- LMS Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 6241 'City of Edinburgh'
- Collett 2-8-2T Class 72xx Freight Pack (South and Mid Wales late 1950s)
- BR 4-6-0 'Leicester City' '61665', B17 Class, Early BR
- LMS 4-6-2 'Duchess of Atholl' Princess Coronation Class (Modified) Locomotive
- BR 4-6-0 'Llanvair Grange' 6800 Grange Class Locomotive
- BR Black J15 Class, Early BR 0-6-0 Locomotive '65469'
- LMS 4-6-0 'Royal Army Service Corps' '6126' Royal Scot Class
- BR, Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0 Locomotive 30850 Lord Nelson with TTS Sound!
- Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST
- SR, Sir Francis Drake Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 851
- BR 4-6-0 'King Henry III 6000 King Class - Early BR Locomotive
- BR 4-4-2T '30583' Adams Radial 415 Class - Late BR Locomotive
- BR 4-6-0 '45274' 'Black 5' Class 5MT - Late BR Locomotive
- Class J94 'United Steel Company' 0-6-0ST Locomotive No.22
- The Final Day Collection - GWR 4-6-0 'King George III' 6000 King Class Limited Edition
- BR 0-4-4T '30129' M7 Class, Late BR Black Locomotive
- BR 4-6-0 'The Ranger' '46165' Royal Scot Class, Late BR
- BR (Late) Black 5 Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.45000 DCC with TTS Sound!
- BR, Lord Rodney Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 30863
- Peckett Willians and Robinson No. 882/1902 NICLAUSSE 0-4-0ST
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Southern Black 4-6-0 '827' Maunsell S15 Class Locomotive #827
- LNER 0-8-0 Raven Q6 Class Locomotive 3418
- GWR Green 'Drysllwyn Castle' Castle Class 4-6-0 Locomotive No.5076
- The Final Day - LMS 4-6-0 'Seaforth Highlander' Royal Scot Class
- 0-6-0ST 'Lord Phil' J94 Class Locomotive
- GWR Green King Class 4-6-0 'King Edward II' 6000 Class Locomotive No.6023
- SR 0-6-0 'C24' Q1 Class Locomotive
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 DPTS & DPTF Test Train Power Units Train Pack - Limited Edition
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5089
- BR, Bideford West Country Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive 34019
- BR Black 0-6-0T J50 Class Locomotive - Early BR 68987
- BR 4-6-0 'King Edward VIII' 6000 Class BR (Late)
- BR 4-6-0 '45116' 'Black 5' Class 5MT with TTS Sound
- BR Black (Early) Maunsell Class S15 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 30842
- Custom Finished Class Q6 Raven LNER Black 0-8-0 Locomotive 3418 Weathered
- BR 0-8-0 Raven Q6 Class - BR Early Locomotive 63443
- GWR 4-6-0 'Knight of St Patrick' '4013' 4000 Star Class
- Custom Finished BR Black Class 52xx 2-8-0 Tank Locomotive #5231 Weathered
- The Final Day - LNER 4-6-2 'Gay Crusader' A3 Class Locomotive No.108
- BR Black (Late) Class Q1 0-6-0 Steam Locomotive 33032
- BR, Rebuilt Merchant Navy Class, 4-6-2, 35030 Elder Dempster Lines
- LMS, King George VI Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive 6244