GWR Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 'Paddington' Livery Five Car Set - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3691
|Product category||Diesel/Electric Loco|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Set No.800 010 comprising: PDTRBFO 815 010 ‘Paddington Bear’ MCO 814 010 MSO 813 010 MSO 82 010 PDTSO 811 010 ‘Michael Bond’
A logical design progression from the hugely successful Class 395 Javelin, Hitachi's Intercity Express Programme Class 800/801/802 stock, is set to run the length and breadth of Great Britain; from Penzance to Inverness, Liverpool to Yorkshire's East Coast. Hitachi's pioneering bi-mode (dual electric/diesel) technology, designed to technical specifications laid down by the Department for Transport, gives the Class 800 the flexibility to run on a variety of lines, on gradients up to 1:37 and with differing lineside infrastructure, as well as being adaptable to future transport planning and passenger demands.
In a naming ceremony at Paddington Station on January 10, 2018, the daughter of author Michael Bond named the driving cars of Class 800/0 five-car set no. 800 010 after her father and his creation, Paddington Bear. Micheal Bond’s first Paddington Bear book was released on October 13, 1956 and has proved to be an iconic and loveable literary character over the subsequent sixty years, as well as sharing a name with the GWR’s London terminus. In addition to the names carried on the two power cars, the original illustrator of the Paddington book, Peggy Fortnum, has provided images of Paddington that adorn not just the power cars, but the doors of the coaches as well, making set 800 010 truly unique in the GWR IET fleet.
*If you would like this item to be DCC Fitted - you will require 2 x R8249
This will also require 2 x Fitting Services (DCCFIT8)
- GWR Class 43 HST Power Cars Pack 43041 'Meningitis Trust Support for Life' and 43005
- Arriva Train Wales Bo-Bo Diesel Electric Class 67 003 Locomotive
- BR Class 71 'E5005' BR Blue (Pre-TOPS) Electric Locomotive
- Class 87 010 King Arthur BR Intercity Swallow logo (High Speed Pantograph)
- GBRf Europorte, Class 92, Co-Co, 92043 'Debussy'
- BR Blue Class 31, A1A-A1A, 31102
- Hornby Class 08 - 13363 BR Green Diesel Shunter Locomotive
- DB Schenker, Class 60, Co-Co, 60044 'Dowlow' DCC with TTS Sound!
- Longmorn Distillery, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, 'Queen Anne'
- Class 08 644 'Laira Diesel Depot' BR Blue Diesel Shunter Locomotive
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 DPTS & DPTF Test Train Power Units Train Pack - Limited Edition
- DRS, 'Northern Belle' Train Pack
- Caledonian Sleeper, Class 92, Co-Co, 92023
- LNER, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43315 & 43309
- GBRf Class 66 751 'Inspiration Delivered' Hitachi Rail Europe Locomotive
- Class 56 303 DCR Livery Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- BR Green Class 31, A1A-A1A, D5509
- ScotRail, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43033 and 43183
- War Department, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, 'Army 802'
- Network Rail, Class 31, A1A-A1A, 31602 'Driver Dave Green'
- First Great Western Class 08 822 Diesel Shunter Locomotive 'John'
- DB Schenker '67013' Class 67
- SR, 2-BIL, Unit 2152; DMBT(L) No. 10718 and DTC(L) No. 12185
- Northern Rail, Class 156, Set 156480, DMS No. 57480 and DMSL No. 52480, 'Spirit of the Royal Air Force'
- EWS, Class 66, Co-Co, 66005
- GBRf, Class 66, Co-Co, 66731 'interhubGB'
- Custom Finished First Great Western Class 08 822 'John' Diesel Shunter Weathered
- BR Green Class 71 - E5001 Electric Locomotive (NRM As Preserved)
- East Midlands Class 153 '153379'
- Sentinel 4wDH '19'
- John Dewar & Sons, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, No. 458957
- BR Railfreight, Class 60, Co-Co, 60015 'Bow Fell'
- Caledonian Sleeper, Class 87, Bo-Bo, 87002 'Royal Sovereign'
- EWS, Class 47/7, Co-Co, 47798 'Prince William'
- DB Cargo UK, Class 67, Bo-Bo, 67024 'Belmond British Pullman'
- BR Blue Class 71 012 Electric Locomotive
- Railfreight Co-Co Diesel '56108' Class 56 Diesel Locomotive
- Oxfordshire Ironstone Company, Sentinel 0-4-0, 'Graham'
- BR Blue Large Logo Class 50 040 'Leviathan' Diesel Locomotive
- GBRf, Class 66, Co-Co, 66789 'British Rail 1948-1997'
- G&W/Freightliner, Class 66, Co-Co, 66413
- Cross Country, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43285 and 43304
- Virgin Trains Class 87 019 'Sir Winston Churchill' Bo-Bo Locomotive
- BR, Class 87, Bo-Bo, 87001 (dual named) 'Royal Scot' and 'Stephenson'
- BR Green Class 71 - E5022 Electric Locomotive
- Class 60 070 'John Loundon McAdam' Loadhaul Diesel Locomotive
- Network South East Class 50 033 'Glorious' Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- GWR Green Class 153 368 DMSL Locomotive
- GBRf, Class 66, Co-Co, 66779 'Evening Star'
- GBRf, Class 66, Co-Co, 66705 'Golden Jubilee'