GWR Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 'Paddington' Livery Five Car Set - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3691
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Diesel/Electric Loco|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Expected: September 2018
Set No.800 010 comprising: PDTRBFO 815 010 ‘Paddington Bear’ MCO 814 010 MSO 813 010 MSO 82 010 PDTSO 811 010 ‘Michael Bond’
A logical design progression from the hugely successful Class 395 Javelin, Hitachi's Intercity Express Programme Class 800/801/802 stock, is set to run the length and breadth of Great Britain; from Penzance to Inverness, Liverpool to Yorkshire's East Coast. Hitachi's pioneering bi-mode (dual electric/diesel) technology, designed to technical specifications laid down by the Department for Transport, gives the Class 800 the flexibility to run on a variety of lines, on gradients up to 1:37 and with differing lineside infrastructure, as well as being adaptable to future transport planning and passenger demands.
The Intercity Express Programme was developed to increase capacity into London termini during peak times, with original calculations predicting that the Hitachi trains would boost capacity by up to 40% going into Paddington during the morning rush hour period. The passenger service roll out will commence on the Great Western Main Line with thirty-six Class 800/0 five-car sets, initially on services to Bristol and South Wales and the fleet will then be expanded in 2018 with twenty-one Class 800/3 nine-car sets that are being converted by Hitachi Rail Italy from the original order of Class 801/2 sets. These will then be joined on the London to Devon and Cornwall services by thirty-six AT300 (Class 802) five-car sets, separately financed by GWR through Eversholt Rail and again manufactured by Hitachi Rail Italy at its Pistoia manufacturing facility.
Hitachi's rolling stock for the Intercity Express Programme under the GWR franchise is split between two classes; the Class 800 bi-mode, powered from either the 25kV Overhead Electric Supply or the internal MTU 12V 1600 R80L engines, or the AT300 (Class 802) bi-mode, powered from either the 25kV Overhead Electric Supply or from upgraded internal MTU 12V 1600 R80L engines that deliver 940hp per engine, as opposed to the 750hp of the Class 800. The classes are then split into sub-classes, depending on train length, but all types are referred to as Intercity Express Train (IET) under the current GWR franchise operator.
Cleared to enter revenue earning passenger service on October 11, 2017, the five-car Class 800/0 has a seating capacity of forty five in First Class, with 270 in Standard Class and is made up from a standard driving car, two standard motor carriages, a composite motor carriage and a First Class driving car. Running as both five-car and nine-car sets, trains can be extended up to a maximum of twelve cars, with a maximum total multiple length of 312 metres, although it is expected that five, nine and ten car sets will be the usual diagrams.
In a naming ceremony at Paddington Station on January 10, 2018, the daughter of author Michael Bond named the driving cars of Class 800/0 five-car set no. 800 010 after her father and his creation, Paddington Bear. Micheal Bond’s first Paddington Bear book was released on October 13, 1956 and has proved to be an iconic and loveable literary character over the subsequent sixty years, as well as sharing a name with the GWR’s London terminus. In addition to the names carried on the two power cars, the original illustrator of the Paddington book, Peggy Fortnum, has provided images of Paddington that adorn not just the power cars, but the doors of the coaches as well, making set 800 010 truly unique in the GWR IET fleet.
- GWR Class 43 HST Power Cars 43041 'Meningitis Trust Support for Life' and 43005
- Arriva Train Wales Bo-Bo Diesel Electric Class 67 003 Locomotive
- BR Class 71 'E5005' BR Blue (Pre-TOPS) Electric Locomotive
- Class 87 010 King Arthur BR Intercity Swallow logo (High Speed Pantograph)
- Class 08 - 13363 BR Green Diesel Shunter Locomotive
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 GWR 5 Car Train Pack
- Class 50 D400 'Class 50 is Fifty' Special Edition Locomotive
- Hornby R3390 Virgin Class 43 HST Pack DCC Ready
- Class 08 644 'Laira Diesel Depot' BR Blue Diesel Shunter Locomotive
- GBRf Class 66 751 'Inspiration Delivered' Hitachi Rail Europe Locomotive
- Class 56 303 DCR Livery Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- First Great Western Class 08 822 Diesel Shunter Locomotive 'John'
- DB Schenker '67013' Class 67
- Custom Finished First Great Western Class 08 822 'John' Diesel Shunter Weathered
- BR Green Class 71 - E5001 Electric Locomotive (NRM As Preserved)
- East Midlands Class 153 '153379'
- Sentinel 4wDH '19'
- BR Blue Class 71 012 Electric Locomotive
- Railfreight Co-Co Diesel '56108' Class 56 Diesel Locomotive
- Oxfordshire Ironstone Company, Sentinel 0-4-0, 'Graham'
- BR Blue Large Logo Class 50 040 'Leviathan' Diesel Locomotive
- Custom Finished Class 71 - E5022 BR Green Electric Locomotive Weathered
- Virgin Trains Class 87 019 'Sir Winston Churchill' Bo-Bo Locomotive
- BR Green Class 71 - E5022 Electric Locomotive
- Loadhaul Class 60 070 'John Loundon McAdam' Locomotive
- Network South East Class 50 033 'Glorious' Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- GWR Green Class 153 368 DMSL Locomotive
- BR 2-HAL '2623' 2 Car Electric Multiple Unit Train Pack - BR Blue
- EWS Co-Co 'Brahms' Class 92016 Electric Locomotive
- Colas Rail Freight Class 67 'Charlotte' 027 Bo-Bo Diesel Locomotive
- Regional Railways '153321' Class 153 Locomotive
- Hornby R3481 EWS Bo-Bo 'Western Star' '67025' Class 67 Locomotive
- Class 08 'DB Schenker' '08623' with TTS Sound
- Class 71 E5018 BR Green Electric Locomotive
- Class 87 87035 Robert Burns BR Rail Blue (Cross Arm Pantograph)
- BR Intercity, Class 43 HST, 'Valenta' Powered Train Pack with TTS Sound!