SE&CR N Class 31810 BR Lined Black (Late Crest) Weathered Edition By Graham Farish | Code: 372-935 | N Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||N Gauge|
N Class No. 31810 in weathered BR Black (Late Crest) livery
- Built: 1917 – 1934
- Built for: SE&CR (absorbed by the SR)
- Designed by: Richard E. Maunsell
- Duties: mixed traffic
- Wheels: 2-6-0
- Sloping-top tender
- Ideal for use with our Birdcage Coaches
- Sprung buffers
- Accessory pack includes route indicator discs
The SECR N class was a type of 2-6-0 ("mogul") steam locomotive designed in 1914 by Richard Maunsell for mixed-traffic duties on the South Eastern and Chatham Railway (SECR). Built between 1917 and 1934, it was the first non-Great Western Railway (GWR) type to use and improve upon the basic design principles established by GWR Chief Mechanical Engineer George Jackson Churchward. The N class was based on the GWR 4300 Class design, improved with Midland Railway concepts.
The N class was mechanically similar to the SECR K class 2-6-4 passenger tank engine, also conceived by Maunsell. It influenced future 2-6-0 development in Britain and provided the basis for the 3-cylinder N1 class of 1922. Production was delayed by the outbreak of the First World War and the first N class rolled out of Ashford Works in 1917, three years after design work was completed. The class replaced obsolete 0-6-0s as part of the SECR's fleet standardisation, as they used parts interchangeable with those of other classes.
Eighty N class locomotives were built in three batches between the First and Second World Wars. Fifty were assembled from kits of parts made at the Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, giving rise to the nickname of "Woolworths". They worked over most of the Southern Railway (SR) network and were used by the Southern Region of British Railways (BR) until the last was withdrawn in 1966. One N class locomotive is preserved on the Swanage Railway.
- N Class No.1823 in Southern Railway lined Maunsell Green (DCC Sound)
- WD Austerity Class 'Major-General Mc Mullen' LMR Blue 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No.79250
- LNER J39 with Group Standard 4200 Gallon Tender 64897 BR Black (Early Emblem)
- WD Austerity Class BR Black Early Emblem Weathered 2-8-0 Locomotive No.90441
- WD Austerity Class LNER Black 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No.3085
- Castle Class #5070 'Sir Daniel Gooch' BR Lined Green Late Crest
- LNER J39 with Stepped Tender 64739 BR Black (Late Crest)
- SE&CR C Class Southern SR Black (Sunshine) 0-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.1294
- SE&CR N Class 1860 SR Black (Sunshine)
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 4057 LMS Black (MR numerals)
- SE&CR C Class BR Black (Early Emblem) 0-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.31227
- BR Standard 5MT with BR1B Tender 73109 BR Lined Black (Early Emblem)
- Class 3F Jinty BR Black Late Crest 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.47500
- LMS Fairburn Tank 2278 LMS Black (Revised) Weathered
- BR Standard 5MT with BR1 Tender 73049 BR Lined Green (Late Crest) - DCC Sound
- LMS Fairburn Tank 42062 BR Lined Black (Late Crest)
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 43892 BR Black (British Railways)
- LNER O6 (8F) LNER Black (LNER Revised) 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No. 3518
- BR Standard 5MT with BR1 Tender 73050 BR Lined Black (Late Crest) Weathered
- LMS Stanier Class 8F BR Black (Late Crest) 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No. 48773 DCC Sound
- MR 3835 4F with Fowler Tender 43931 BR Black (Late Crest) Weathered
- LMS Stanier Class 8F LMS Black (Revised) 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No.8035
- LNER J39 with Stepped Tender 4761 LNER Black (LNER Original)
- LMS Stanier Class 8F BR Black (Early Emblem) 2-8-0 Steam Locomotive No.48608