BR, Dia.064 'Toad E' 20T Brake Van By Hornby | Code: R6834A | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||2018 Range , Truck/Wagon ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Hornby R6834A BR, Dia.064 'Toad E' 20T Brake Van
As the newly formed London & North Eastern Railway’s older, pre-grouping type of brake vans reached the end of their working lives, a programme of renewal was put in place. An outstanding ten ton North Eastern design was completed during 1923 but the first new design, coming in 1924, was a nineteen foot, twenty ton brake van that took the best features from the former Great Northern and North East Railway types.
Designated as Diagram 034 and coded as Toad B, these new vans had steel solebars and headstocks, vertical wooden planking on the sides and ends, plus a wooden side ducket with horizontal wooden planking. There were 710 Toad B vans built between 1924 and 1929, in seven lots, at Faverdale, Dukinfield, Stableford, Birmingham and Doncaster, as well as an unusual concrete bodied version at Stratford that was nominally designated under Diagram 34.
Minor details were improved in production over the next six years, such as the original wooden end posts being replaced by short 'tee' irons and, from 1930 onwards, steel side duckets replaced the wooden ones.
- BR Black (Early) Wainwright H Class 0-4-4 Tank Locomotive No.31265
- Small Coupling Assembly (Pack 4)
- ZGV 'Clam' Wagon, Departmental
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor Composite, W7803W
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Eight Compartment Brake Third, 2636 'Set 42'
- LNER 61' 6" Gresley Teak Corridor Third Coach No.23864
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second Coach S3233S 'Set 399'
- 5 Plank Wagon, Lilleshall #1750
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- The Highland Rambler Train Set
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Brake Composite, W7858W
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Third, 2625
- LNER 61' 6" Gresley Teak Corridor Buffet Coach No.21611
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Composite Coach S5145S 'Set 399'
- AA15 20T 'Toad' Goods Brake Van, British Railways
- OTA Timber Wagon (Parallel Stanchions), EWS
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Black Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5089
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor First, W8119W
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Composite, 6401 'Set 42'
- LNER 61' 6" Gresley Teak Full Brake Coach No.4234
- BR, Mk1 Parcels, M80584
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 First Open (FO), 11097
- BR (exLMS) 20 Ton Coke Hopper Wagon '447526'
- 5 Plank Wagon, C&F Gean
- BR Merchant Navy (Rebuilt) 'Elder Dempster Lines' BR Green 4-6-2 Locomotive No.35030
- 'King George VI' LMS Streamlined Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6244
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban First, E81032E
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Nine Compartment Third, 364
- GWR, 63' Collett A30 Autocoach, 190
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO), 12132
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- 6 Plank Wagon, Pilkington Bros
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban Third, E82190E
- BR, 63' Collett A30 Autocoach, W193W
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO), 12045
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- 6 Plank Wagon, Scholes & Sons
- GWR Horse Boxes (3 Pack)
- Hornby Pullman, 5-BEL 'Brighton Belle' 2 Car Train Pack
- 'Abergavenny Castle' BR Green (Late) 4-6-0 Castle Class Locomotive No.5013
- 'Duchess of Hamilton' LMS Streamlined Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6229
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban Composite, E88067E
- SR Green Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First Coach No.7869
- Southern Railway SR Maunsell Open Third Class Coach No.1375
- BR, Mk1 Corridor Second, M25633
- Dia.1529 Cattle Wagon, British Railways
- 6 Plank Wagon, John Lancaster
- BR (SR) Green Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First No.S7946S