BR (SR) Green Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First No.S7946S By Hornby | Code: R4817 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||2018 Range , Carriages/Coaches , Southern Coaches ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
By 1925, the Southern Railway had settled on its new standard design corridor coach of 59’ length, 9’ width and 12’ 4” height, with standard 8’ SR bogies and on August 6th that year, authority under order E98 was granted to construct six First Class Dining Saloons for the Western Section. The first of a batch of twenty six such vehicles under Diagram 2651, they were intended for the London-Bournemouth, London-Portsmouth and London-Exeter services and were of the low-windowed design.
Seating twenty four passengers in four seating bays at one end and the Kitchen, Pantry, Service Vestibule and Side Corridor at the other, a set of double loading doors opened into the vestibule, while the passengers accessed the Restaurant from the gangways at either end.Four further low windowed Dining Saloons were completed between July and December 1929, intended for the inter-regional through sets and in May/June 1930, ten further Dining Saloons entered service, under Order 464, on West Country workings.
- BR, Dia.064 'Toad E' 20T Brake Van
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Composite Coach S5145S 'Set 399'
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor First, W8119W
- BR (exLMS) 20 Ton Coke Hopper Wagon '447526'
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban First, E81032E
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- 6 Plank Wagon, Pilkington Bros
- Plank Wagons, three pack, Various
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- 6 Plank Wagon, Scholes & Sons
- GWR Horse Boxes (3 Pack)
- SR Green Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First Coach No.7869
- 6 Plank Wagon, John Lancaster
- BR (exSR) Crimson/Cream Maunsell Open Second Coach S1346S
- BR (exSR) Cattle Wagon S3908
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Six Compartment Brake Second Coach S2763S 'Set 230'
- Holden B12 Transition BR Black 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.61556
- BR, Mk1 Brake Second Open, E9248
- BR, Mk1 First Open, W3090
- 5-BEL 'Brighton Belle' Coach Pack
- All Steel 21T Mineral Wagon, Blaenavon No.2441
- 3 Plank Wagon, Armstrong Whitworth & Co. Ltd
- Class 60 070 'John Loundon McAdam' Loadhaul Diesel Locomotive
- BR Crimson/Cream Collett 'Bow-Ended' Corridor Brake Third (Right Hand), W4925W
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Six Compartment Brake Second Coach S2764S 'Set 230'
- 'E. Tootal Broadhurst' BR Green Patriot Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.45534
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second Coach S3232S 'Set 399'
- BR, Mk3 Trailer Guard Standard (TGS), 44063