'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863 By Hornby | Code: R3635 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||2018 Range , Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
In order to cope with the steadily increasing weight of express passenger traffic on the Southern Railway in the early years of Grouping, Richard Maunsell, the Chief Mechanical Officer, needed a locomotive that was more powerful than the King Arthur class, but one that would still conform to the various gauging and weight issues within the region and still be capable of hauling 500 ton trains at a speed of 55mph.The new Lord Nelson design had to fit within the profile of the King Arthur class and having previously used a Drummond four cylinder locomotive as a test bed, Maunsell altered the positions of the cranks on the Lord Nelson design to give eight exhaust pulses per revolution, rather than four.
The first withdrawal came in May 1961, the last in October 1962 and one locomotive, No.30850 Lord Nelson, was saved for preservation in the National Collection.Built at Eastleigh in October 1929, 863 Lord Rodney entered traffic at Stewarts Lane, before moving to Nine Elms in October 1938 following the fitting of an experimental large diameter chimney. Moving between these two sheds, Lord Rodney moved to Bournemouth in June 1945, but was at Nine Elms when renumbered under British Railways to 30863 in August 1949. Whilst at Eastleigh in 1956, Lord Rodney had the front end renewed following a collision, but was not withdrawn from traffic until February 1962.
- Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST
- SR 'Sir Francis Drake' Southern Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.851
- Custom Finished Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST Weathered
- Hornby 2018 Catalogue
- Small Coupling Assembly (Pack 4)
- BR 4-6-0 'Llanvair Grange' 6800 Grange Class Locomotive
- 'Lord Nelson' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30850 DCC with TTS Sound!
- BR, Dia.064 'Toad E' 20T Brake Van
- YGB 'Seacow' Bogie Ballast Hopper Wagon, EWS
- 5 Plank Wagon, Lilleshall #1750
- ZGV 'Clam' Wagon, Departmental
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Eight Compartment Brake Third, 2636 'Set 42'
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Corridor Third, 23864
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second Coach S3233S 'Set 399'
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor Composite, W7803W
- The Highland Rambler Train Set
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Third, 2625
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Corridor Buffet, 21611
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Composite Coach S5145S 'Set 399'
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Brake Composite, W7858W
- AA15 20T 'Toad' Goods Brake Van, British Railways
- OTA Timber Wagon (Parallel Stanchions), EWS
- ZCV 'Tope' Wagon, Departmental
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Black Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5089
- "Bideford" BR Green (Original) West Country Class 4-6-2 Locomotive No.34019
- BR (exLMS) 20 Ton Coke Hopper Wagon '447526'
- 5 Plank Wagon, C&F Gean
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Composite, 6401 'Set 42'
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Full Brake, 4234
- BR, Mk1 Parcels, M80584
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Buffet (TRFB), 10235
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 First Open (FO), 11097
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor First, W8119W
- BR Merchant Navy (Rebuilt) 'Elder Dempster Lines' BR Green 4-6-2 Locomotive No.35030
- 'King George VI' LMS Streamlined Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6244
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- KFA Container Wagon, Tiphook
- 6 Plank Wagon, Pilkington Bros
- Plank Wagons, three pack, Various
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Nine Compartment Third, 364
- GWR, 63' Collett A30 Autocoach, 190
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO), 12132
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban First, E81032E
- BR, Rebuilt Battle of Britain Class, 4-6-2, 34050 Royal Observer Corps
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- ZUA 'Shark' Ballast Plough Brake Van, EWS DB993902
- 6 Plank Wagon, Scholes & Sons
- GWR Horse Boxes (3 Pack)