LMS 'Queen Elizabeth' Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6221 - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3623
|Product category||2018 Range , Steam Locos/Engines|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
**Sold out at Hornby. Grab one while you can! **
The original streamlined shape of the Coronation class arose from tests conducted by the LMS Research Department on Sir William Stanier's previous development of the Princess Royal class locomotives. Stanier was said to be ambivalent about the economic value of streamlining, but was aware of the publicity value that such a design would generate.
6221 Queen Elizabeth was the second of the class to be built, leaving Crewe Works in June 1937 for Camden Shed and covering just under 31,000 miles that year, compared to nearly 68000 in 1938.
In 1939, 6221 moved to Crewe North for a month, briefly returning to Camden before being allocated to Polmadieon November 25, 1939. Whilst here, the streamlined casing was removed on June 28, 1946.
- SR 'Sir Francis Drake' Southern Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.851
- Hornby 2018 Catalogue
- BR 4-6-0 'Llanvair Grange' 6800 Grange Class Locomotive
- Class 87 010 King Arthur BR Intercity Swallow logo (High Speed Pantograph)
- 'Lord Nelson' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30850 DCC with TTS Sound!
- Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor Composite, W7803W
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Eight Compartment Brake Third, 2636 'Set 42'
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Corridor Third, 23864
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second Coach S3233S 'Set 399'
- BR, Dia.064 'Toad E' 20T Brake Van
- YGB 'Seacow' Bogie Ballast Hopper Wagon, EWS
- 5 Plank Wagon, Lilleshall #1750
- ZGV 'Clam' Wagon, Departmental
- The Final Day Collection - GWR 4-6-0 'King George III' 6000 King Class Limited Edition
- Custom Finished Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST Weathered
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- The Highland Rambler Train Set
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Brake Composite, W7858W
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Third, 2625
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Corridor Buffet, 21611
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Composite Coach S5145S 'Set 399'
- AA15 20T 'Toad' Goods Brake Van, British Railways
- OTA Timber Wagon (Parallel Stanchions), EWS
- 5 Plank Wagon, W. Sawyer
- ZCV 'Tope' Wagon, Departmental
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Black Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5089
- "Bideford" BR Green (Original) West Country Class 4-6-2 Locomotive No.34019
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor First, W8119W
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Composite, 6401 'Set 42'
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Full Brake, 4234
- BR, Mk1 Parcels, M80584
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Buffet (TRFB), 10235
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 First Open (FO), 11097
- BR (exLMS) 20 Ton Coke Hopper Wagon '447526'
- 5 Plank Wagon, C&F Gean
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- KFA Container Wagon, Tiphook
- 6 Plank Wagon, Pilkington Bros
- Plank Wagons, three pack, Various
- BR Merchant Navy (Rebuilt) 'Elder Dempster Lines' BR Green 4-6-2 Locomotive No.35030
- 'King George VI' LMS Streamlined Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6244
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban First, E81032E
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Nine Compartment Third, 364
- GWR, 63' Collett A30 Autocoach, 190
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO), 12132
- BR, Rebuilt Battle of Britain Class, 4-6-2, 34050 Royal Observer Corps
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban Third, E82190E
- BR, 63' Collett A30 Autocoach, W193W