SR 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48') Six Compartment Brake Composite Coach '6403' - Set 44, SR Green By Hornby | Code: R4794 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Carriages/Coaches , Southern Coaches ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
By 1934, the Southern Railway recognised that the short 48’ ex-LSWR stock was in need of some major attention as it was nearing the end of its working life. Much of it was built on wooden underframes, whilst some was still gas lit and so a programme of refurbishment was proposed and undertaken under Works Order (HOO No.) L801 of March 1934 and Works Order (HOO No.) L852A of March 1935.
The 58’ stock to diagrams 99 and 418 were created in 1935/1936 at Lancing Works, by taking the 48’ Composite body, cutting it and fitting to a 58’ Maunsell underframe. In the case of the Brakes, a 10’ guards van was grafted to one end, these were steel panelled, which didn’t quite match the finish of the rest of the wooden panelled bodywork. The composites (to diagram 31) differ, in that the original 48’ body was cut into two sections and mounted at each end of the underframe, with a 10’ section being inserted comprising a single compartment, with two lavatories (side by side). The defining feature of all these ‘new’ vehicles was the triangular section weatherboard that ran the length of the body, disguising the join (the 48’ body being narrower than the 58’ underframe).
- Virgin Mk3 First Open (FO) 11074
- Virgin Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO) 12087
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second Coach S3233S 'Set 399'
- BR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Right Hand) W4951W - Era 4
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TS Trailer Standard Coach No.48107
- LNER MK3 TSD Trailer Standard Disabled Coach F No.42238
- LMS Period III 57' Non-Corridor Composite Coach No.16612
- BR Ex-LMS Suburban Non-Corridor Third Class Brake Coach 'M20737M', Crimson
- BR R&D Division, ex-Mk1 BSO Laboratory 10, RDB 975428
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Brake Composite, W7858W
- LMS Period III 57' Non-Corridor Third Class Coach No.11718
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Third, 2625
- BR Collett Coach Corridor Composite LH 'W6138W', Maroon
- LMS 68' Dining/Restaurant Car '238', Crimson Lake
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Composite Coach S5145S 'Set 399'
- GWR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Right Hand) 4972
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TGS Trailer Guard Standard Coach No.49103
- BR Mk2F First Open M3374
- BR Maroon GUV Coach 'W86468'
- Network Rail (Ex-BR) Super GUV ADB 971003 QQA
- South Eastern, Class 395 Highspeed Train 2-car Coach Pack, MSO 39134 and MSO 39135
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor First, W8119W
- LMS Period III 57' Non-Corridor Third Class Brake Coach No.20754
- SR Maunsell 6 Compartment Third Class Brake Coach No.3798
- BR Collett Coach Corridor Composite RH "W6137W', Maroon
- LMS Stanier Period III 50’ Gangwayed Passenger Brake No.31010
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TS Trailer Standard Coach No.48112
- BR Mk2F Brake Second Open M9534
- ScotRail MK3 Sliding Door TS Trailer Standard Coach No.42561
- Cross Country Trains by Arriva Mk3 Sliding Door TS Trailer Standard No.42342
- Cross Country Trains by Arriva Mk3 Sliding Door TS Trailer Standard No.42370
- Cross Country Trains by Arriva Mk3 Sliding Door TFD Trailer First (Disabled) No.41193
- BR (Ex-LMS) Corridor 1st Class, Maroon 'M1080M'
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban First, E81032E
- LMS Period III 57' Non-Corridor Third Class Brake Coach No.20755
- BR 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48') Six Compartment Brake Third Coach 'S2627S', Maroon
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO), 12132
- SR 59' Bulleid Suburban Corridor Brake Third #2846
- ScotRail Mk3 Sliding Door TSL Trailer Standard (Toilet) Coach No.42046
- ScotRail Mk3 Sliding Door TS Trailer Standard Coach No.42562
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO), 12045
- ScotRail Mk3 Sliding Door TSL Trailer Standard (Toilet) Coach No.42045
- BR Mk2F Brake Second Open M9519
- Cross Country Trains by Arriva Mk3 Sliding Door TS Trailer Standard No.42369
- Cross Country Trains by Arriva Mk3 Sliding Door TFD Trailer First (Disabled) No.41195
- BR Intercity Mk2D Open Second Brake #E9487
- GWR Collett 'Bow Ended' Corridor Composite (L/H) Coach No.6528
- BR Departmental, ex-Mk1 SK Ballast Cleaner Train Staff Coach, DB 975805
- BR Maunsell Brake Third Class 'S3777S', Crimson & Cream
- BR Mk2D Coach Open First (FO) 'E3180', Inter-City Livery