Sentinel 4wDH '19' By Hornby | Code: R3576 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Sentinel 4wDH '19'
Founded as Ally & MacLellan, Glasgow in 1875 and then later known as the Sentinel Waggon Works Ltd, the company went through various place and name changes until in 1957 Sentinel (Shrewsbury) Ltd was obtained by Rolls-Royce. At that time Sentinel were producing steam locomotives and lorries, but the manufacturing of these vehicles ceased in 1958.
In 1959 Sentinel produced a prototype diesel shunter which was operated on the military controlled Shropshire & Montgomeryshire Railway. In total 17 were produced and operated quite successfully during that year. 1963 saw the introduction of the 34 ton chain drive 4 wheel Rolls-Royce diesel powered Sentinel shunter rated at 233 bhp which was later uprated to 255bhp.
As time progressed the design was modified with all manner of variations, including 6 and 8 wheel coupled locomotives which found service in collieries, dockyards, quarries and foundries, with others being exported and operated on Portuguese Railways. Over the years, as these locomotives were retired, many found their way on to preserved railways where they continue to provide stalwart service.
Locomotive ‘19’ (Works No.10260, built in 1966) is a chain drive 4wDH type, of which 104 were built. ‘19’ was the locomotive used on the Barrington Light Railway at Rugby Cement, Barrington, in Cambridgeshire, which connected the Cement Works with the British Rail exchange sidings at Foxton.
- GWR Class 43 HST Power Cars Pack 43041 'Meningitis Trust Support for Life' and 43005
- Arriva Train Wales Bo-Bo Diesel Electric Class 67 003 Locomotive
- BR Class 71 'E5005' BR Blue (Pre-TOPS) Electric Locomotive
- Class 92 043 'Debussy' GBRf Europorte Co-Co Electric Locomotive
- BR Blue Class 31, A1A-A1A, 31102
- Class 60044 'Dowlow' DB Schenker Co-Co Diesel Locomotive DCC with TTS Sound!
- Longmorn Distillery, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, 'Queen Anne'
- Southeastern Hitachi Class 395 'Hornby Visitor Centre' 4 Car High Speed Train Pack
- DRS, 'Northern Belle' Train Pack
- Class 92 023 Caledonian Sleeper Co-Co Electric Locomotive
- LNER HST Class 43 Power Cars Pack (43315 & 43309)
- GBRf Class 66 751 'Inspiration Delivered' Hitachi Rail Europe Locomotive
- Class 56 303 DCR Livery Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- Class 31 - D5509 BR Green AIA-AIA Diesel Electric Locomotive
- R3698 ScotRail, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43033 and 43183
- War Department, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, 'Army 802'
- Network Rail, Class 31, A1A-A1A, 31602 'Driver Dave Green'
- GBRf, Class 59, Co-Co, 59003
- Class 156 401 BR Provincial 2 Car Unit (DMS 57401 / DMSL 52401)
- DB Schenker '67013' Class 67
- SR, 2-BIL, Unit 2152; DMBT(L) No. 10718 and DTC(L) No. 12185
- Class 66 731 'InterhubGB' GBRf Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- BR Green Class 71 - E5001 Electric Locomotive (NRM As Preserved)
- East Midlands Class 153 '153379'
- John Dewar & Sons, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, No. 458957
- BR Railfreight, Class 60, Co-Co, 60015 'Bow Fell'
- Caledonian Sleeper, Class 87, Bo-Bo, 87002 'Royal Sovereign'
- EWS, Class 47/7, Co-Co, 47798 'Prince William'
- DB Cargo UK, Class 67, Bo-Bo, 67024 'Belmond British Pullman'
- BR Blue Class 71 012 Electric Locomotive
- Railfreight Co-Co Diesel '56108' Class 56 Diesel Locomotive
- Oxfordshire Ironstone Company, Sentinel 0-4-0, 'Graham'
- BR Blue Large Logo Class 50 040 'Leviathan' Diesel Locomotive
- Cross Country, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43285 and 43304
- Custom Finished Class 71 - E5022 BR Green Electric Locomotive Weathered
- Virgin Trains Class 87 019 'Sir Winston Churchill' Bo-Bo Locomotive
- BR, Class 87, Bo-Bo, 87001 (dual named) 'Royal Scot' and 'Stephenson'
- BR Green Class 71 - E5022 Electric Locomotive
- Class 60 070 'John Loundon McAdam' Loadhaul Diesel Locomotive
- Class 66 705 'Golden Jubilee' GBRf with Union Jack Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- EWS Co-Co 'Brahms' Class 92016 Electric Locomotive
- DB Cargo Romania, Class 92, Co-Co, 91 53 0 472 001-3 ‘Mihai Eminescu’
- Hornby R3481 EWS Bo-Bo 'Western Star' '67025' Class 67 Locomotive
- Ruston & Hornsby Ltd, R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, No. 269595
- Class 66 847 Colas Rail Freight Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- Class 71 E5018 BR Green Electric Locomotive
- BR, 2-HIL, Unit 2611; (HAL) DMBT No. 10729 and (BIL) DTC(L) No. 12146
- Class 66 097 DB Cargo Ltd / DB Schenker Co-Co Diesel Locomotive