LMS 4-6-0 'Royal Army Service Corps' '6126' Royal Scot Class By Hornby | Code: R3557 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
By 1926, faced with a stock book of outdated and unsuitable mainline locomotive traction, the London Midland Scottish Railway had an urgent need for “provision of an improved and more powerful type of passenger engine for the purpose of avoiding double heading and duplication of certain heavy express passenger main line services”. In October 1926, following a degree of procrastination by the management of the LMS, the loan of Great Western Castle class No.5000 Launceston Castle spurred the LMS into action and in December, an order for fifty ‘improved’ 4-6-0 tender engines from North British was placed; the result being the iconic ‘Royal Scot’ class of locomotive.
Entry into service was expected by summer 1927, but with the GWR unwilling to lend drawings for the Castle class, Lord Nelson drawings were obtained from the Southern Railway and North British based their design around these, building them at both its Queen’s Park, and Hyde Park works. Sir Henry Fowler informed the LMS Board on July 27, 1927 that No.6100 was ready for inspection, suggesting that as the locomotive would be working the ‘Royal Scot’ train, it would be appropriate that No.6100 should bear the same name.
Suitable DCC Decoder: R8249
If you require us to DCC fit this loco, please add 1 x DCCFIT8 to you your basket. (please note that this service includes the Decoder).
Suitable Sound Decoders:
Or Loksound - At the moment there are no specific decoders for the Royal Scot class so we recommend Suitable Sound Decoder.
1 x DCCSSFIT
If you would prefer ESU Loksound, please add the following to your basket;
1 x DCCSSFIT
- BR 4-6-0 'Earl of St Germans' 5050 Castle Class - BR Early with TTS Sound
- BR Blue 'Duchess of Gloucester' Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46225
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74
- 'Forest No. 1' Peckett W4 Class Charity Colliery 0-4-0ST Locomotive
- 'City of Edinburgh' LMS Black Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6241
- ‘Walter K Whigham’ BR Experimental Purple Class A4 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No. 60028
- BR Black (Early) Wainwright H Class 0-4-4 Tank Locomotive No.31265
- BR 4-6-0 'Leicester City' '61665', B17 Class, Early BR
- BR Black J15 Class, Early BR 0-6-0 Locomotive '65469'
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207
- GWR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4154
- BR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4160 DCC FITTED
- ROD, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 5662
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden' DCC FITTED
- L&MR, Stephenson's Rocket Train Pack
- Standard 2MT BR Green (Late) 2-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.78000
- LB&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton' DCC Fitted
- LSWR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 735
- LMS, Princess Royal Class, 4-6-2, 6212 'Duchess of Kent'
- Class J94 'United Steel Company' 0-6-0ST Locomotive No.22
- BR 0-4-4T '30129' M7 Class, Late BR Black Locomotive
- Hornby BR 4-6-0 'The Ranger' '46165' Royal Scot Class, Late BR
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- Peckett Willians and Robinson No. 882/1902 NICLAUSSE 0-4-0ST
- BR (Late), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30859 'Robert Blake'
- 'Cowes' Southern 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.W10
- LNER, Rebuilt Class W1, 4-6-4, 10000
- BR, Rebuilt Class W1, 4-6-4, 60700
- B&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton'
- GWR Green King Class 4-6-0 'King Edward II' 6000 Class Locomotive No.6023
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Black Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5089
- "Bideford" BR Green (Original) West Country Class 4-6-2 Locomotive No.34019
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207 DCC FITTED
- BR (Early), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30852 'Sir Walter Raleigh'
- LNER, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 65235 'Gough'
- PO, Earl of Dudley's Round Oak Works, Peckett W4 Class (Open Back Cab), 0-4-0ST, 'Lady Edith'
- Bloxham & Whiston Ironstone Co. Ltd, Peckett B2 Class, 0-6-0ST, 1456/1918
- 'Edward Thompson' Thompson Class A2/3 LNER Apple Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.500
- 'Sun Castle' Thompson Class A2/3 BR Lined Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.60523
- LNER (Promotional), Class W1 'Hush Hush', 4-6-4, 10000
- BR Merchant Navy (Rebuilt) 'Elder Dempster Lines' BR Green 4-6-2 Locomotive No.35030
- 'King George VI' LMS Streamlined Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6244
- GWR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4154 DCC FITTED
- BR Black 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.32655
- 1:1 Collection Limited Edition 'Bittern' LNER Blue Class A4 Twin Tendered 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.4464
- Peckett 614, Centenary Year Limited Edition - 2016
- 'Chamossaire' Thompson Class A2/3 LNER Apple Green 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.514