LMS 4-6-0 'Royal Army Service Corps' '6126' Royal Scot Class By Hornby | Code: R3557 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
By 1926, faced with a stock book of outdated and unsuitable mainline locomotive traction, the London Midland Scottish Railway had an urgent need for “provision of an improved and more powerful type of passenger engine for the purpose of avoiding double heading and duplication of certain heavy express passenger main line services”. In October 1926, following a degree of procrastination by the management of the LMS, the loan of Great Western Castle class No.5000 Launceston Castle spurred the LMS into action and in December, an order for fifty ‘improved’ 4-6-0 tender engines from North British was placed; the result being the iconic ‘Royal Scot’ class of locomotive.
Entry into service was expected by summer 1927, but with the GWR unwilling to lend drawings for the Castle class, Lord Nelson drawings were obtained from the Southern Railway and North British based their design around these, building them at both its Queen’s Park, and Hyde Park works. Sir Henry Fowler informed the LMS Board on July 27, 1927 that No.6100 was ready for inspection, suggesting that as the locomotive would be working the ‘Royal Scot’ train, it would be appropriate that No.6100 should bear the same name.
Suitable decoder Lenz 8-pin 10231-02
If you require us to DCC fit this loco, please add 1 x DCCFIT8 to you your basket. (please note that this service includes the Decoder).
Suitable Sound Decoders:
Or Loksound - At the moment there are no specific decoders for the Royal Scot class so we recommend Suitable Sound Decoder.
1 x DCCSSFIT
If you would prefer ESU Loksound, please add the following to your basket;
1 x DCCSSFIT
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74
- 'Forest No. 1' Peckett W4 Class Charity Colliery 0-4-0ST Locomotive
- ‘Walter K Whigham’ BR Experimental Purple Class A4 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No. 60028
- Class 5101 Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4154
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden' DCC FITTED
- LB&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton' DCC Fitted
- LSWR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.735
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- 'Cowes' Southern 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.W10
- B&SCR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, 40 'Brighton'
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' BR Maroon Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46207 DCC FITTED
- Class 5101 Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4154 (DCC Fitted)
- BR Black 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.32655
- 1:1 Collection Limited Edition 'Bittern' LNER Blue Class A4 Twin Tendered 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.4464
- Alan Pegler USA Tour 'Flying Scotsman' LNER Green Class A3 Twin Tendered 4-6-2 Locomotive No.4472 (Gold Plated)
- LNER Black Class D16/3 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive No.8802
- BR Black (Early) Class Q6 Raven 0-8-0 Steam Locomotive '63427'
- Class 61xx Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6110
- Holden Class B12 LNER Green 4-6-0 Locomotive 8527
- 'Princess Marie Louise' BR Blue Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46206
- Class 61xx Large Prairie GWR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.6110 (DCC Fitted)
- 'Welbeck Abbey' Class B17 BR Green (Early) 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.61619
- Holden B12 Transition BR Black 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.61556
- 'Princess Marie Louise' BR Blue Princess Royal Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46206 DCC FITTED
- Class J50 BR Black (Late) 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive Departmental No.14'
- Thompson L1 Class LNER Green 2-6-4 Tank Locomotive No.67702
- Class 42XX BR Black (Early) 2-8-0 Tank Locomotive No.4287
- SR 4-6-0 'Camelot' '742' N15 King Arthur Class Locomotive
- 'Carisbrooke' British Railways Transitional 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.13 DCC Fitted
- Class 52xx BR Black (Early) 2-8-0 Tank Locomotive No.5231
- Class 5101 Large Prairie BR Green 2-6-2 Tank Locomotive No.4160
- Southern Railway SR Green 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.2662
- 'Bembridge' SR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.W14 DCC Fitted
- 'Carisbrooke' British Railways Transitional 0-6-0 Terrier Locomotive No.13
- 'E. Tootal Broadhurst' BR Green Patriot Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.45534
- 'Forest No. 1' Peckett W4 Class Charity Colliery 0-4-0ST Locomotive (Weathered)
- ‘Princess Alexandra’ LMS Blue Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6224
- Harry Potter 'Hogwarts Castle' 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5972
- 'Leadenhall ' LB&SCR 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.48
- LSWR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.735 DCC Fitted
- 'Bembridge' SR Green Terrier 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive No.W14