Holden Class B12 LNER Green 4-6-0 Locomotive 8527 By Hornby | Code: R3544 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||2018 Range , Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The restrictions on locomotive weight and length were keenly felt by the Great Eastern Railway and whilst James Holden’s S46, D56 and H88 Claud Hamilton 4-4-0 designs were not unduly restricted, when he came to consider a 4-6-0 design for high performance express work, the inside cylinder was his only real option. To gain power, Holden was quick to embrace the idea of superheating and so in 1911, the first order was placed for his S69 class locomotive.
Under the GER, seventy one S69 engines were built, fifty one at Stratford and twenty at Wm Beardmore & Co. in Glasgow. The large enclosed cab with side windows and an extended roof were a noticeable feature of Holden’s design which, allied to the large Belpaire firebox, decorative valance over the driving wheels and short 3,700 gallon tender, gave the impression of the locomotive being bigger than it actually was.
Suitable decoder Lenz 8-pin 10231-02
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second Coach S3233S 'Set 399'
- BR, Dia.064 'Toad E' 20T Brake Van
- 5 Plank Wagon, Lilleshall #1750
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Third, 2625
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Composite Coach S5145S 'Set 399'
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Brake Composite, W7858W
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- BR (exLMS) 20 Ton Coke Hopper Wagon '447526'
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor First, W8119W
- 'King George VI' LMS Streamlined Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6244
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- 6 Plank Wagon, Pilkington Bros
- BR, 51' Gresley Non-Vestibuled Suburban First, E81032E
- 20T Coke Wagon, British Rail
- 6 Plank Wagon, Scholes & Sons
- GWR Horse Boxes (3 Pack)
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO), 12045
- 6 Plank Wagon, John Lancaster
- SR Green Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First Coach No.7869
- BR (SR) Green Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First No.S7946S
- BR (exSR) Crimson/Cream Maunsell Open Second Coach S1346S
- Holden B12 Transition BR Black 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.61556
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Six Compartment Brake Second Coach S2763S 'Set 230'
- BR, Mk1 Brake Second Open, E9248
- BR, Mk1 First Open, W3090
- 5-BEL 'Brighton Belle' Coach Pack
- All Steel 21T Mineral Wagon, Blaenavon No.2441
- Class 60 070 'John Loundon McAdam' Loadhaul Diesel Locomotive
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Six Compartment Brake Second Coach S2764S 'Set 230'
- BR Crimson/Cream Collett 'Bow-Ended' Corridor Brake Third (Right Hand), W4925W
- 'E. Tootal Broadhurst' BR Green Patriot Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.45534
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second Coach S3232S 'Set 399'
- BR, Mk3 Trailer Guard Standard (TGS), 44063