BR 4-6-2 'Flying Scotsman' 60103 A3 Class, Brunswick Green with TTS Sound - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3508TTS
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
At danger of being sold into overseas ownership, 60103 Flying Scotsman was incorporated into the National Collection in April 2004 following a successful fundraising campaign, led by the National Railway Museum, to save the locomotive.
Decisions were taken to bring the locomotive in for heavy intermediate repair in September 2004, followed in January 2006 by an eighteen month heavy general repair. For the next five years, Flying Scotsman was subject to a vicious cycle of maintenance, as each problem addressed led to the discovery of new faults. In May 2011, it was believed that the locomotive was nearing a return to steam, with just a few tests remaining to be carried out, when the discovery of cracks in the frame and horn blocks stopped progress. Faced with the choice between restoration and preservation, the National Railway Museum opted for the former and an intensive restoration programme, at the workshops of Riley & Son (E) of Bury, began.
Now fully restored and resplendent in its final British Railways livery of Brunswick Green and numbered as 60103, Flying Scotsman’s return to steam in 2016 caught the nation’s imagination, with scores of well-wishers and enthusiasts turning out to catch a glimpse of the locomotive on the mainline.
Maximum curve Hornby 2nd radius + / 438mm+
- BR Blue 'Duchess of Gloucester' Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46225
- BR 4-6-0 'Earl of St Germans' 5050 Castle Class - BR Early with TTS Sound
- Wainwright H Class 0-4-4T Late BR Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74
- Charity Colliery Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST 'Forest No. 1'
- LMS Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 6241 'City of Edinburgh'
- Collett 2-8-2T Class 72xx Freight Pack (South and Mid Wales late 1950s)
- BR 4-6-0 'Leicester City' '61665', B17 Class, Early BR
- BR 4-6-0 'King Henry III 6000 King Class - Early BR Locomotive
- BR 4-4-2T '30583' Adams Radial 415 Class - Late BR Locomotive
- BR 4-6-0 'Llanvair Grange' 6800 Grange Class Locomotive
- BR Black J15 Class, Early BR 0-6-0 Locomotive '65469'
- LMS 4-6-0 'Royal Army Service Corps' '6126' Royal Scot Class
- BR, Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0 Locomotive 30850 Lord Nelson with TTS Sound!
- Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST
- SR, Sir Francis Drake Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 851
- LNER 0-8-0 Raven Q6 Class Locomotive 3418
- BR 4-6-0 '45274' 'Black 5' Class 5MT - Late BR Locomotive
- Class J94 'United Steel Company' 0-6-0ST Locomotive No.22
- The Final Day Collection - GWR 4-6-0 'King George III' 6000 King Class Limited Edition
- BR 0-4-4T '30129' M7 Class, Late BR Black Locomotive
- Hornby BR 4-6-0 'The Ranger' '46165' Royal Scot Class, Late BR
- Custom Finished Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST Weathered
- BR, Lord Rodney Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 30863
- Peckett Willians and Robinson No. 882/1902 NICLAUSSE 0-4-0ST
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- BR Black (Early) Maunsell Class S15 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 30842
- Custom Finished Class Q6 Raven LNER Black 0-8-0 Locomotive 3418 Weathered
- BR 0-8-0 Raven Q6 Class - BR Early Locomotive 63443
- GWR Green 'Drysllwyn Castle' Castle Class 4-6-0 Locomotive No.5076
- The Final Day - LMS 4-6-0 'Seaforth Highlander' Royal Scot Class
- 0-6-0ST 'Lord Phil' J94 Class Locomotive
- GWR Green King Class 4-6-0 'King Edward II' 6000 Class Locomotive No.6023
- SR 0-6-0 'C24' Q1 Class Locomotive
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5089
- BR, Bideford West Country Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive 34019
- BR 4-6-0 'King Edward VIII' 6000 Class BR (Late)
- BR Black (Late) Maunsell Class S15 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 30831
- GWR 4-6-0 'Knight of St Patrick' '4013' 4000 Star Class
- The Final Day - LNER 4-6-2 'Gay Crusader' A3 Class Locomotive No.108
- BR Black (Late) Class Q1 0-6-0 Steam Locomotive 33032
- BR Merchant Navy (Rebuilt) 'Elder Dempster Lines' BR Green 4-6-2 Locomotive No.35030
- LMS, King George VI Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive 6244
- LNER Black Class J15 0-6-0 Steam Locomotive #5444
- BR 4-6-0 'Sir Hervis de Revel' N15 King Arthur Class - Early BR
- BR 4-6-2 'Coeur-de-Lion' Britannia Class, Late BR Green Locomotive 70007
- LNER Black Raven Q6 Class 0-8-0 Locomotive '2265'
- BR, Rebuilt Battle of Britain Class, 4-6-2, 34050 Royal Observer Corps