BR 4-6-2 'Flying Scotsman' 60103 A3 Class, Brunswick Green with TTS Sound By Hornby | Code: R3508TTS | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
At danger of being sold into overseas ownership, 60103 Flying Scotsman was incorporated into the National Collection in April 2004 following a successful fundraising campaign, led by the National Railway Museum, to save the locomotive.
Decisions were taken to bring the locomotive in for heavy intermediate repair in September 2004, followed in January 2006 by an eighteen month heavy general repair. For the next five years, Flying Scotsman was subject to a vicious cycle of maintenance, as each problem addressed led to the discovery of new faults. In May 2011, it was believed that the locomotive was nearing a return to steam, with just a few tests remaining to be carried out, when the discovery of cracks in the frame and horn blocks stopped progress. Faced with the choice between restoration and preservation, the National Railway Museum opted for the former and an intensive restoration programme, at the workshops of Riley & Son (E) of Bury, began.
Now fully restored and resplendent in its final British Railways livery of Brunswick Green and numbered as 60103, Flying Scotsman’s return to steam in 2016 caught the nation’s imagination, with scores of well-wishers and enthusiasts turning out to catch a glimpse of the locomotive on the mainline.
Maximum curve Hornby 2nd radius + / 438mm+
- BR 4-6-0 'Earl of St Germans' 5050 Castle Class - BR Early with TTS Sound
- Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST
- SR 'Sir Francis Drake' Southern Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.851
- BR Blue 'Duchess of Gloucester' Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.46225
- Custom Finished Peckett Works Livery No.560/1893 0-4-0ST Weathered
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- Port of London Authority Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST No. 74
- Charity Colliery Peckett W4 Class 0-4-0ST 'Forest No. 1'
- 'City of Edinburgh' LMS Black Princess Coronation Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.6241
- BR 4-6-0 'Leicester City' '61665', B17 Class, Early BR
- BR 4-6-0 'King Henry III 6000 King Class - Early BR Locomotive
- BR 4-4-2T '30583' Adams Radial 415 Class - Late BR Locomotive
- BR 4-6-0 'Llanvair Grange' 6800 Grange Class Locomotive
- BR Black J15 Class, Early BR 0-6-0 Locomotive '65469'
- LMS 4-6-0 'Royal Army Service Corps' '6126' Royal Scot Class
- 'Lord Nelson' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30850 DCC with TTS Sound!
- BR, Princess Royal, 4-6-2, 46207 'Princess Arthur of Connaught'
- GWR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4154
- BR, Class 5101 'Large Prairie', 2-6-2T, 4160 DCC FITTED
- ROD, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 5662
- K&ESR, 'Terrier', 0-6-0T, No. 5 'Rolvenden' DCC FITTED
- Harry Potter 'Hogwarts Castle' 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5972 DCC with TTS Sound!
- 'Leadenhall ' LB&SCR 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.48 DCC Fitted
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- LNER 0-8-0 Raven Q6 Class Locomotive 3418
- Class J94 'United Steel Company' 0-6-0ST Locomotive No.22
- BR 0-4-4T '30129' M7 Class, Late BR Black Locomotive
- Hornby BR 4-6-0 'The Ranger' '46165' Royal Scot Class, Late BR
- BR Blue (Early) Class A3 'Flying Scotsman' 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.60103
- 'Lord Rodney' BR Green Lord Nelson Class 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.30863
- Peckett Willians and Robinson No. 882/1902 NICLAUSSE 0-4-0ST
- BR (Late), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30859 'Robert Blake'
- 'Cowes' Southern 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.W10
- BR 4-6-0 'King Edward VIII' 6000 Class BR (Late)
- BR Black (Early) Maunsell Class S15 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 30842
- GWR Green 'Drysllwyn Castle' Castle Class 4-6-0 Locomotive No.5076
- The Final Day - LMS 4-6-0 'Seaforth Highlander' Royal Scot Class
- 0-6-0ST 'Lord Phil' J94 Class Locomotive
- GWR Green King Class 4-6-0 'King Edward II' 6000 Class Locomotive No.6023
- SR 0-6-0 'C24' Q1 Class Locomotive
- LMS Patriot Class Rhyl 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 5521
- LMS Black Class 5MT 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive No.5089
- "Bideford" BR Green (Original) West Country Class 4-6-2 Locomotive No.34019
- BR, Princess Royal, 4-6-2, 46207 'Princess Arthur of Connaught' DCC FITTED
- BR (Early), Lord Nelson Class, 4-6-0, 30852 'Sir Walter Raleigh'
- LNER, J36 Class, 0-6-0, 65235 'Gough'
- PO, Earl of Dudley's Round Oak Works, Peckett W4 Class (Open Back Cab), 0-4-0ST, 'Lady Edith'
- 'Cowes' Southern 0-6-0T Terrier Locomotive No.W10 DCC Fitted
- BR Black (Late) Maunsell Class S15 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive 30831
- GWR 4-6-0 'Knight of St Patrick' '4013' 4000 Star Class