The Mallard Pullman Train Set By Hornby | Code: R1202 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Please note the dimensions of this parcel are too large to be delivered by standard Royal Mail delivery. This item will be delivered by Parcelforce Courier Service.
|Product category||Class A4 , Train Sets ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
On July 3, 1938, Sir Nigel Gresley's 'Mallard' sped down Stoke Bank, south of Grantham on the East Coast Main Line, in a blur of Garter Blue. At milepost 90¼, between Little Bytham and Essendine, the locomotive recorded its highest speed of 126mph. Breaking the 1936 world speed record of 124.5mph for a steam locomotive, previously set by a German engine, the record still stands today. This set is representative of a typical East Coast Pullman train and would have been a familiar sight between London and the North.
The track circuit in this set can be extended to fully complete the included MidiMat layout by using additional track and accessory packs, creating an exciting and fully functioning model railway. As an alternative to the included Pullman Coaches, LNER Teak Coaches from the RailRoad range, available separately, could be substituted.
- LNER Class A4 4-6-2 Pacific 4468 ‘Mallard’
- 1 Pullman Parlour Car
- 1 Pullman Brake Car
- 3rd Radius Starter Oval with Track Pack A (with point and buffer stop)
- Train Controller (R8250)
- Wall Plug Transformer (P9000W)
- Power Connecting Track (R8206) Hornby MidiMat (1600 x 1180mm)
- LNER Blue Class A4 Twin Tendered 'Bittern' 4-6-2 Locomotive 4464
- TTS Digital Sound Chip (8pin) with Class A4 Steam Sounds
- BR Green (Early) 'Miles Beevor' Class A4 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive No.60026
- BR, A4 Class, 4-6-2, 60028 ‘Walter K Whigham’
- LNER Queen of Scots Train Pack - Limited Edition
- BR, A4 Class, 4-6-2, 60022 'Mallard'