Class 59 103 'Village of Mells' ARC Diesel Locomotive By Dapol | Code: 4D-005-001 | OO Gauge
- Free postage
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
Notify me when this product is released
If you would like us to email you when this product is in stock at Rails, enter your email address in the form below.Something went wrong - please try again.
Thank you for registering for notifications! You will be notified by email when this product comes into stock.
|Product category||Class 59 , Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Expected Q2 2021
Features of the Class 59 include:
- Finely moulded body with many applied fine details
- Printed name plates (Etched plates supplied separately)
- DCC ready, DCC and sound fitted models available
- Cast wheels with fine relief and appropriate colouring
- Heavy diecast chassis with all wheel pick up
- NEM pockets as standard
- Optional diesel exhaust effect (smoke)
- All class 59 versions tooled
- Operating, independently controlled headlight and cab lights (all lighting variations tooled)
DC & DCC Lighting Capabilities:
- DC lighting with independent control of #1 & #2 end lamps (push/pull/light engine) and cab lighting (controlled by switches)
- DCC controlled fully independent lighting:
- Push/Pull and light engine modes for head and taillights
- Day/Night headlamp selection
- Marker lamp control (where applicable)
- Independent cab lighting (leading cab /trailing cab /off)
- (DCC Only) Optional clag smoke simulation on initial acceleration
The Class 59 is a Co-Co formation diesel locomotive and the first US produced, privately-owned locomotive to operate regularly in the UK. The ordering of the first Class 59 was a result of quarry company Foster Yeomans dissatisfaction with the performance of the BR Class 56. The first 4 locomotives built by GMs Electromotive Division were delivered to Foster Yeoman during 1986 and 59005 in 1989. Proving very successful; one locomotive setting a new UK haulage record for a single locomotive of 4639 tonnes. Foster Yeomans rivals, Amey Roadstone Corp. (ARC) also ordered four modified Class 59s (59/1) as did National Power, who ordered six (59/2). GM invested in this initial UK success by extensively modifying the class 59 internally to produce the Class 66, also hugely successful, within both the UK and continental Europe. Other than 59003 (which after return from loan to HHPI in Germany, is operated by GBRf), the Class 59 fleet is operated today by DB Schenker and Mendip Rail (an ARC and FY joint venture).
- Class 59 #59103 'Village Of Mells' ARC
- Class 59 #59103 'Village Of Mells' ARC - DCC Fitted
- Class 59 #59206 'John F Yeoman' DB Schenker
- Class 59 #59206 'John F Yeoman' DB Schenker - DCC Fitted
- Class 59 002 'Alan J Day' Foster Yeoman Diesel Locomotive DCC Fitted with Smoke!
- Class 59 #59204 National Power Blue Livery
- Class 59 002 'Alan J Day' Foster Yeoman Diesel Locomotive
- Class 59 103 'Village of Mells' ARC Diesel Locomotive DCC Fitted with Smoke
- Class 59 #59204 National Power Blue Livery - DCC Fitted
- Class 59 206 'John F Yeoman' DB Schenker Diesel Locomotive DCC Fitted with Smoke!
- Class 59 206 'John F Yeoman' DB Schenker Diesel Locomotive
- Class 59 204 National Power Diesel Locomotive DCC Fitted with Smoke!
- Class 59 204 National Power Diesel Locomotive
- Class 59 002 'Alan J Day' Foster Yeoman Diesel Locomotive DCC Fitted
- Class 59 103 'Village of Mells' ARC Diesel Locomotive DCC Fitted
- Class 59 206 'John F Yeoman' DB Schenker Diesel Locomotive DCC Fitted
- Class 59 #59002 'Alan J Day' Foster Yeoman Silver Livery
- Class 59 204 National Power Diesel Locomotive DCC fitted
- Class 59 #59002 'Alan J Day' Foster Yeoman Silver Livery - DCC Fitted