Class 08 644 'Laira Diesel Depot' BR Blue Diesel Shunter Locomotive By Hornby | Code: R3485 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Diesel/Electric Loco ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The British Railways Class 08 0-6-0 diesel electric shunter, developed from the similar LMS design, eventually became British Railways’ largest, and probably most recognised, fleet of locomotives. The last of the LMS designs was completed in June 1952 and October that year the first two locomotives, 13000 and 13001, were sent for trials at Toton, using the same English Electric EE6K 350hp power unit as the LMS designs. 996 units were built between 1952 and 1962 at BR’s workshops in Crewe, Darlington, Derby, Doncaster and Horwich and over 300 still remain in traffic.
Numbering of the class in the 13xxx series continued until June 1957, with 13357, when the ‘1’ was dropped and replaced with the identifier ‘D’. Those 13xxx series locomotives were eventually renumbered by mid-1962, only to be renumbered again from September 1973 under the TOPS scheme as 08xxx. Up to 1957, all locomotives had been delivered in plain black livery, with red buffer beams, after this date the delivery livery was changed to plain green with red buffer beams. Yellow and black chevrons were added on the ends later, with the BR blue livery starting in late 1966.
Locomotive 08644 was delivered from Horwich Works in February 1959 to Newport Pill and is currently owned by First Great Western, being Pilot at Plymouth Laira T&RSMD and was named “Laira Diesel Depot: 50 years 1962-2012” in November 2014
- GWR Class 43 HST Power Cars Pack 43041 'Meningitis Trust Support for Life' and 43005
- BR Class 71 'E5005' BR Blue (Pre-TOPS) Electric Locomotive
- Class 92 043 'Debussy' GBRf Europorte Co-Co Electric Locomotive
- BR Blue Class 31, A1A-A1A, 31102
- Arriva Train Wales Bo-Bo Diesel Electric Class 67 003 Locomotive
- Class 60044 'Dowlow' DB Schenker Co-Co Diesel Locomotive DCC with TTS Sound!
- Longmorn Distillery, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, 'Queen Anne'
- Southeastern Hitachi Class 395 'Hornby Visitor Centre' 4 Car High Speed Train Pack
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 DPTS & DPTF Test Train Power Units Train Pack - Limited Edition
- DRS, 'Northern Belle' Train Pack
- Class 92 023 Caledonian Sleeper Co-Co Electric Locomotive
- LNER, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43315 & 43309
- GBRf Class 66 751 'Inspiration Delivered' Hitachi Rail Europe Locomotive
- Class 56 303 DCR Livery Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- Class 31 - D5509 BR Green AIA-AIA Diesel Electric Locomotive
- ScotRail, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43033 and 43183
- War Department, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, 'Army 802'
- Network Rail, Class 31, A1A-A1A, 31602 'Driver Dave Green'
- GBRf, Class 59, Co-Co, 59003
- Class 156 401 BR Provincial 2 Car Unit (DMS 57401 / DMSL 52401)
- DB Schenker '67013' Class 67
- SR, 2-BIL, Unit 2152; DMBT(L) No. 10718 and DTC(L) No. 12185
- Northern Rail, Class 156, Set 156480, DMS No. 57480 and DMSL No. 52480, 'Spirit of the Royal Air Force'
- Class 66 005 EWS Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- Class 66 731 'InterhubGB' GBRf Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- BR Green Class 71 - E5001 Electric Locomotive (NRM As Preserved)
- East Midlands Class 153 '153379'
- Sentinel 4wDH '19'
- John Dewar & Sons, Ruston & Hornsby R&H 48DS, 0-4-0, No. 458957
- BR Railfreight, Class 60, Co-Co, 60015 'Bow Fell'
- Caledonian Sleeper, Class 87, Bo-Bo, 87002 'Royal Sovereign'
- EWS, Class 47/7, Co-Co, 47798 'Prince William'
- DB Cargo UK, Class 67, Bo-Bo, 67024 'Belmond British Pullman'
- BR Blue Class 71 012 Electric Locomotive
- Railfreight Co-Co Diesel '56108' Class 56 Diesel Locomotive
- Oxfordshire Ironstone Company, Sentinel 0-4-0, 'Graham'
- BR Blue Large Logo Class 50 040 'Leviathan' Diesel Locomotive
- Cross Country, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43285 and 43304
- Virgin Trains Class 87 019 'Sir Winston Churchill' Bo-Bo Locomotive
- BR, Class 87, Bo-Bo, 87001 (dual named) 'Royal Scot' and 'Stephenson'
- Custom Finished Class 71 - E5022 BR Green Electric Locomotive Weathered
- Class 60 070 'John Loundon McAdam' Loadhaul Diesel Locomotive
- Class 66 705 'Golden Jubilee' GBRf with Union Jack Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- BR Green Class 71 - E5022 Electric Locomotive
- EWS Co-Co 'Brahms' Class 92016 Electric Locomotive
- DB Cargo Romania, Class 92, Co-Co, 91 53 0 472 001-3 ‘Mihai Eminescu’
- Class 66 783 'The Flying Dustman' GBRf Biffa Co-Co Diesel Locomotive
- Regional Railways '153321' Class 153 Locomotive
- Hornby R3481 EWS Bo-Bo 'Western Star' '67025' Class 67 Locomotive