LNER Queen of Scots Train Pack - Limited Edition By Hornby | Code: R3402 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Carriages/Coaches , Class A4 , Steam Locos/Engines , Train Packs ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
The ‘Queen of Scots’ service commenced in 1928, but its development can be traced back to Grouping, in 1923, when the fledgling LNER acquired a number of Great Eastern Pullmans. Instead of allocating them on a piecemeal basis, as the GER had done, the LNER’s management decided to open up a new luxury service to Newcastle, via Leeds and Harrogate.
The Harrogate Pullman was a success and the route was extended to Edinburgh, running non-stop from Kings Cross to Harrogate from the autumn of 1925. From May 1, 1928, when two new 8 car, all-steel Pullman K type sets were introduced for a route extension to Glasgow and the ‘Queen of Scots’ service commenced
Hauled initially by the Ivatt Atlantics, by 1935 the 400 ton, ten car train necessitated the use of A1, A3 and A4 locomotives and even Gresley’s W1 design was allocated at times. At Leeds, two cars were detached from the service, leaving eight to continue on the journey.
This train pack recreates the service in the second half of the 1930s, with Gresley ‘A4’ 4-6-2 4500 Garganey in LNER garter blue, which will be accompanied by all-steel K-Type Brake Third 'No. 77', Kitchen First 'Thelma' and Parlour First 'Sheila'. Roofboards will be fitted to each carriage and a headboard for the ‘A4’ will be included as a separate fitting to complete the model.
- 'A4’ 4-6-2 4500 Garganey in LNER garter blue
- All-steel K-Type Brake Third 'No. 77'
- All-steel K-Type Kitchen First 'Thelma'
- All-steel K-Type Parlour First 'Sheila'
Suitable DCC Decoder R8249
If you require us to DCC fit this loco, please add 1 x DCCFIT8
Suitable sound decoder S0165-8
- GWR Mk3 Trailer Standard (TS) 42581
- Virgin Mk3 First Open (FO) 11074
- Virgin Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO) 12087
- GWR Mk3 Trailer Guard Standard (TGS) 44086
- BR 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48') Eight Compartment Brake Third Class Coach 'S2640S' - Set 46, Maroon
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor Composite, W7803W
- LMS Non-Corridor 57' Composite Coach
- GWR Collett 'Bow Ended' Corridor Brake Third (R/H) 4941
- K-Type Pullman Third Class Parlour Brake Car 'Car No.78'
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Eight Compartment Brake Third, 2636 'Set 42'
- SR Maunsell Corridor First Class Coach No.7406
- BR Collett Coach Corridor Brake Third Class LH 'W4936W', Maroon
- BR Mk1 Coach Corridor Brake 2nd Class 'W35024', Blue & Grey Livery
- BR Ex-LMS Suburban Non-Corridor Third Class Brake Coach 'M20737M', Crimson
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Corridor Third, 23864
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second Coach S3233S 'Set 399'
- GWR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Left Hand) 5503
- BR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Right Hand) W4951W - Era 4
- BR Bulleid 59' Corridor Brake Third S2852S
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TS
- LNER Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO) 42150
- Cross Country Trains, Mk3 Sliding Door TCC
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Brake Composite, W7858W
- LMS Non-Corridor 57' Third Class Coach
- GWR Collett 'Bow Ended' Corridor Brake Third (L/H) 4942
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Third, 2625
- BR Collett Coach Corridor Composite LH 'W6138W', Maroon
- BR Mk1 Coach Second Open 'W4804', Blue & Grey Livery
- BR Autocoach, Crimson & Cream
- LMS 68' Dining/Restaurant Car '238', Crimson Lake
- BR Maunsell Kitchen/Dining First Class Coach No.S7858S
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Corridor Buffet, 21611
- BR (exSR) Green Maunsell Corridor Composite Coach S5145S 'Set 399'
- GWR Collett 57' Bow Ended D98 Six Compartment Brake Third (Right Hand) 4972
- SR Bulleid 59' Corridor Composite 5711 - Era 3
- ScotRail Mk2F Brake Second Open 9539
- GWR Mk3 Sliding Door TGS
- BR Mk2F First Open M3374
- BR Intercity Mk2F Brake Second Open 9525
- LNER Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO) 42154
- BR GUV W86468
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor First, W8119W
- BR (Ex-Maunsell) Pull/Push Coach Pack - Set 601
- Eurostar Class 373/1 e300 Divisible Centre Saloons Coach Pack
- LMS Non-Corridor 57' Third Class Brake Coach
- SR 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48�۪) Six Compartment Lavatory Brake Third Coach, SR Olive
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Composite, 6401 'Set 42'
- SR Maunsell 6 Compartment Third Class Brake Coach No.3797
- SR Maunsell 6 Compartment Third Class Brake Coach No.3798