The Bristolian Train Pack - Limited Edition - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3401
|Product category||Train Packs|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
HURRY LESS THAN HALF PRICE BARGAIN AND NOW SOLD OUT AT HORNBY To mark the centenary of the opening, in 1835, of the Great Western main line between Paddington and Bristol, the GWR’s management decided to create a new express service linking London and Bristol. With a schedule of 105 minutes in each direction, the service was 15 minutes faster than the previous best and with slight variations over the years, it stayed that way until the introduction of HST services to the route.
The non-stop service was normally comprised of seven coaches, initially being Collet Bow-Ended stock, comprising two third class brakes, three composites, a third and, in the centre, a buffet car. The first months of the service saw it being hauled by a ‘King’ class locomotive but it soon became apparent that a ‘Castle’ class was more than capable of the task, it was to be 1954 before the ‘Kings’ returned to the service.
Departure from Paddington was at 10:00am, with Bristol being reached at 11:45am and the return leg commenced at 4:30pm, arriving back at Paddington for 6:15pm, the average speed being just over 67mph for the two legs of the journey. Whilst ‘Bristolian’ roof boards were fitted from the outset, a headboard did not feature until 1953.
Hornby’s new pack for the ‘Bristolian’ contains GWR ‘King’ 6009 King Charles II with ‘shirtbutton’ logos, together with a trio of the new Collett bow-ended carriages. The carriages will be left-hand Brake Corridor Third 5108, right-hand Brake Corridor Third 5107 and left-hand Corridor Composite 6160. All three will be turned out in GWR chocolate and cream livery with ‘Bristolian’ roof boards fitted.
King Charles II Locomotive '6009' Collett Coach LH BTK '5108' Collett Coach RH BTK '5107' Collett Coach LH CK '6160'
Suitable sound chip 82430-8 and speaker 50333, Fitting DCCSSFIT
- Wainwright H Class 0-4-4T Late BR Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- Collett 2-8-2T Class 72xx Freight Pack (South and Mid Wales late 1950s)
- LMS Suburban Passenger Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 GWR 5 Car Train Pack
- Eurostar Class 373 2013 4 Car Train Pack
- EWS Freight Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Golden Arrow Last Steam Run Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Tyseley Connection 'Pitchford Hall' Train Pack - Limited Edition of 1000
- LNER Queen of Scots Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Pullman, 5-BEL 'Brighton Belle' Train Pack
- The 15 Guinea Special Train Pack
- Class 43 HST Virgin Rail East Coast with TTS Sound
- GWR, IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 'Queen Elizabeth II' & 'Queen Victoria' Train Pack
- 'Going Home’ - 1945-2015: 70th Anniversary of the end of the Second World War Train Pack - Limited Edition
- 1940: Return from Dunkirk Train Pack - Limited Edition