Golden Arrow Last Steam Run Train Pack - Limited Edition - OO Gauge By Hornby | Code: R3400
|Product category||Carriages/Coaches , Steam Locos/Engines , Train Packs|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
Please note : Golden Arrows, flags and Golden Arrow logo are supplied in the box separate from the locomotive. The height of luxury train travel was exemplified by the distinctive chocolate and cream liveried Pullman carriages; named first class lounge cars, with a steward service, that were operated by the British Pullman Car Company.
In 1929, the Southern Railway inaugurated their own, all-Pullman train, the Golden Arrow, consisting of ten first class carriages, a brake wagon and a flat wagon carrying luggage in containers and the service ran until uninterrupted until the beginning of the Second World War.
Post-war, the sight of the Merchant Navy locomotives became a regular part of life along the Victoria–Dover line and in 1951, ten new First Class Pullman Cars, the Festival of Britain set, were introduced to the service, the cars being Aquila, Orion, Carina, Cygnus, Hercules, Perseus, Pegasus, Minerva and Car numbers 35 and 208. From September 15, 1952, the Golden Arrow was routed out through Folkestone Harbour, but reverted to the Dover route from May 29, 1960, a last fanfare for steam traction on the train, as on June 11, 1961, West Country Class 34100 Appledore hauled the last steam working of the service.
This train pack reflects that last run of the Golden Arrow, with locomotive 34100 Appledore being joined by 1951 Festival of Britain U Class Pullman Cars, Minerva (Kitchen First), No. 34 and No. 36 (Parlour Seconds). These three Pullman cars will be fitted with interior lighting and the pack will contain full 'Golden Arrow' regalia for attaching to 34100, with the locomotive featuring BR lined green with late crests and a Stewarts Lane (73A) shedcode on the smokebox door.
- Golden Arrow locomotive 34100 Appledore
- 1951 Festival of Britain U Class Pullman Car - Minerva (Kitchen First)
- 1951 Festival of Britain U Class Pullman Car - No. 34
- 1951 Festival of Britain U Class Pullman Car - No. 36 (Parlour Seconds)
Compatible sound chip for this is 55468-8 with speaker 50333, fitting DCCSSFIT
- GWR Mk3 Trailer Standard (TS) 42129
- Wainwright H Class 0-4-4T Late BR Train Pack - Limited Edition
- GWR Mk3 Trailer Standard (TS) 42581
- Virgin Mk3 First Open (FO) 11074
- Virgin Mk3 Trailer Standard Open (TSO) 12087
- LMS 'Coronation Scot' 3 Car Coach Pack
- GWR Mk3 Buffet (TRFB) 40743
- GWR Mk3 Trailer Guard Standard (TGS) 44086
- GWR Mk3 Trailer Standard (TS) 42250
- GWR Mk3 Trailer Standard (TS) 42200
- BR 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48') Eight Compartment Brake Third Class Coach 'S2640S' - Set 46, Maroon
- LMS Non-Corridor 57' Composite Coach
- K-Type Pullman Third Class Parlour Brake Car 'Car No.78'
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Eight Compartment Brake Third, 2636 'Set 42'
- SR Maunsell Corridor First Class Coach No.7406
- BR Collett Coach Corridor Brake Third Class LH 'W4936W', Maroon
- BR Mk1 Coach Corridor Brake 2nd Class 'W35024', Blue & Grey Livery
- BR Ex-LMS Suburban Non-Corridor Third Class Brake Coach 'M20737M', Crimson
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Corridor Third, 23864
- BR, Maunsell Corridor Four Compartment Brake Second, S3233S 'Set 399'
- BR Intercity Executive Mk3 First Open (FO), 41099
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor Composite, W7803W
- BR (SR) ex-Maunsell Pull-Push Set 602 (Comprising Coach No.1318 and No.6681)
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- LMS Non-Corridor 57' Third Class Coach
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Third, 2625
- SR Maunsell Corridor Third Class Coach No.1216
- BR Collett Coach Corridor Composite LH 'W6138W', Maroon
- BR Mk1 Coach Second Open 'W4804', Blue & Grey Livery
- BR Autocoach, Crimson & Cream
- LMS 68' Dining/Restaurant Car '238', Crimson Lake
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Corridor Buffet, 21611
- BR, Maunsell Corridor Composite, S5145S 'Set 399'
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Brake Composite, W7858W
- BR (Ex-Maunsell) Pull/Push Coach Pack - Set 601
- LMS Non-Corridor 57' Third Class Brake Coach
- SR 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48�۪) Six Compartment Lavatory Brake Third Coach, SR Olive
- SR, 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48'), Six Compartment Brake Composite, 6401 'Set 42'
- SR Maunsell 6 Compartment Third Class Brake Coach No.3797
- SR Maunsell 6 Compartment Third Class Brake Coach No.3798
- BR Collett Coach Corridor Composite RH "W6137W', Maroon
- BR Mk1 Coach Tourist Second Open 'W5025', Blue & Grey Livery
- SR 58' Maunsell Rebuilt (Ex-LSWR 48') Eight Compartment Brake Third Class Coach '2638' - Set 44, SR Green
- LMS Corridor 1st Class '1041', Crimson Lake
- LMS Corridor 3rd Class '1745', Crimson Lake
- LNER, 61' 6" Gresley Full Brake, 4234
- BR, Mk1 Parcels, M80584
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 Buffet (TRFB), 10235
- Virgin Trains, Mk3 First Open (FO), 11097
- BR, 63' Hawksworth Corridor First, W8119W