LMS Suburban Passenger Train Pack - Limited Edition By Hornby | Code: R3397 | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Train Packs ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
LMS Suburban Passenger Train Pack - Limited Edition. Away from the perceived glamour of the mainline, the real work of the railways took place on a myriad of suburban lines across the country, especially in the great conurbations of the Midlands. The main requirement for a locomotive working suburban services was to have quick acceleration, efficient braking and good tractive ability, the latter being especially useful when pulling heavy carriages, full of commuters.
Fowler’s 4P 2-6-4T engine was ideally suited to this task, mainly being used on longer distance commuter trains from stations in the big cities of England, as well as being used to bank heavy passenger and goods trains on the West Coast Main Line. Typically hauling sets of Stanier’s 57’ non-corridor suburban stock, thousands of commuters spent their working week travelling back and forth from the cities behind these engines.
This train pack recreates a typical suburban working, with Fowler 4P No. 2238 in LMS lined black and two Stanier 57’ non-corridor Brake Third coaches 20768 and 20769, with Composite 16592, in LMS lined maroon livery.
- Peppercorn 2-6-0 K1 Class Freight Pack (North of England late 1940s)
- GWR Class 43 HST Power Cars Pack 43041 'Meningitis Trust Support for Life' and 43005
- Huntley & Palmers Peckett W4 Works Freight Pack
- GWR, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43093 'Old Oak Common - HST Depot 1976-2018' and 43016
- Southeastern Hitachi Class 395 'Hornby Visitor Centre' 4 Car High Speed Train Pack
- Lyme Regis Branch Line Train Pack - Limited Edition
- Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 DPTS & DPTF Test Train Power Units Train Pack - Limited Edition
- DRS, 'Northern Belle' Train Pack
- LNER, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43315 & 43309
- Eurostar, Class 373/1 e300 Train Pack
- ScotRail, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43033 and 43183
- SR, 2-BIL, Unit 2152; DMBT(L) No. 10718 and DTC(L) No. 12185
- LNER, Hitachi IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/1, 'Azuma' Five Car Train Pack
- Hornby Pullman, 5-BEL 'Brighton Belle' Train Pack
- The 15 Guinea Special Train Pack
- LNER Queen of Scots Train Pack - Limited Edition
- GWR, IEP Bi-Mode Class 800/0 'Queen Elizabeth II' & 'Queen Victoria' Train Pack
- Cross Country, Class 43 HST, Power Cars 43285 and 43304
- BR, 2-HIL, Unit 2611; (HAL) DMBT No. 10729 and (BIL) DTC(L) No. 12146
- Belmond, 'British Pullman' Train Pack