BR Green 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Charles Dickens' 70033 (Static Diecast Model) - Any Scale By Corgi | Code: ST97704
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines|
|Product scale||Any Scale|
The British Rail Standard Class 7, otherwise known as the Britannia Class was designed by Robert Riddles for mixed traffic duties. In all, fifty-five of the Class were built at the BR Crewe Works between January 1951 and September 1954. The BR Standard Class 7 locomotives took their names from great Britons, Scottish Firths and former Star Class locomotives.
No.70033 entered service in December 1952, the thirty-fourth Britannia Class locomotive built, and was named after the renowned British author Charles Dickens famous for writing Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, Great Expectations and many more.
Locomotive No.70033 remained in service until July 1967 when it was withdrawn from Kingmoor shed at Carlisle, and scrapped almost a year later in June 1968 by GH Cambell of Airdrie.
This Rail Legends model captures ‘Charles Dickens’ with a BR1 type tender in BR Green with an early BR emblem.
- BR Blue 4-6-2 'Prince of Wales' A3 Class Locomotive 60054 (Static Diecast Model)
- LNER 4-6-2 'Call Boy' A3 Class 4-6-2 Locomotive 2795 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Blue A3 Class 'Trigo' 60084 4-6-2 Locomotive , circa 1949-52 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Green 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Britannia' 70000, circa 2012 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR 4-6-2 A4 Class 'Union of South Africa' Locomotive 60009 -A4 Gathering 2013 (Static Diecast Model)