RailRoad LNER 4-6-2 Flying Scotsman A1 Class Locomotive with TTS Sound By Hornby Railroad | Code: R3284TTS | OO Gauge
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||OO Gauge|
RailRoad LNER 4-6-2 Flying Scotsman A1 Class Locomotive with TTS Sound
Following the financial collapse of Flying Scotsman plc in November 2003, 4472 Flying Scotsman was put up for auction by property consultants GVA Grimley, prompting fears that the iconic locomotive would be sold overseas, never to run on British rails again.
Placing a value on the iconic locomotive was considered to be “rather akin to valuing the crown jewels”, but with two International buyers being interested in purchasing Flying Scotsman, a “Save Our Scotsman” campaign to save her for the nation was launched by the National Railway Museum. With a bid of £2.31 million, comprising £441,644 raised by public donations. £365,000 match funding from the Virgin Group and a £1.8 million grant from the National Heritage Memorial Fund, the campaign succeeded and Flying Scotsman was incorporated into the National Collection in April 2004.
In LNER Apple Green livery and numbered as 4472, Flying Scotsman returned to York on May 29, 2004 to open the NRM's Railfest 2004. Cheered on by thousands of onlookers and with the City of York Pipe Band marching alongside, Flying Scotsman broke a banner across the track, whilst the collection of attending locomotives blew their whistles in welcome.
- BR 4-4-0 'The Cotswold' D49/1 Class Early BR Locomotive
- Beggs Tooling Class 264 'Pug' 0-4-0ST Locomotive No.854
- 'Achilles' GWR Green Dean Single Class 4-2-2 Steam Locomotive No.3031
- BR Class 9F 2-10-0 Locomotive No.92219
- Blundell King Timber Merchants Type D 0-4-0T Locomotive No. 7
- Caledonian Railway 0-4-0 Locomotive
- BR 0-4-0ST ‘Smokey Joe’ Tank Locomotive
- BR 'Tornado' Peppercorn A1 Class 4-6-2 Steam Locomotive 60103
- RailRoad BR (Ex-GWR) 0-4-0 ‘Rothery Industrial’ 101 Class Locomotive
- LNER 4-6-2 'Mallard' A4 Class Locomotive
- Railroad Ex-Industrial 0-4-0 'Godfrey & Mitchell Coal Merchants' 'No.9'
- RailRoad BR 4-4-0 'Sevenoaks' Schools Class, Early BR
- 'S. Wilson Paper Mills' Green 0-4-0 Tank Locomotive No. 2112
- RailRoad LMS 4-4-0 Compound with Fowler Tender
- RailRoad LNER Green 4-6-0 'Liverpool' Class B17 Locomotive No.2864
- LNER 4-6-2 'Mallard' A4 Class Locomotive 4468 with TTS Sound
- BR Crosti Boiler 9F Class BR Black 2-10-0 Steam Locomotive No.92028 (Heavily Weathered)