BR Blue A3 Class 'Trigo' 60084 4-6-2 Locomotive , circa 1949-52 (Static Diecast Model) By Corgi | Code: ST97603 | Any Scale
We guarantee the price of our forthcoming releases for Locomotives, coaches and wagons to be at least 10-25% less than the RRP at the time of release. We also offer large discounts on many of our railway accessory ranges. We continually monitor other retailers to ensure that our prices are always competitive. Please note limited editions and exclusive products are not included in the price promise offer.
Have one to sell? Sell it to Rails of Sheffield
You purchased this item on
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines ,|
|Product scale||Any Scale|
Trigo entered traffic on the 22nd February 1930 and was allocated to Gateshead engine shed. Originally numbered as LNER 2595, Trigo was the eleventh of twenty-seven A3s to be built as an A3, the other fifty-one were A1s that were later converted to A3s.
All the A1 and A3 Class locomotives were named after famous race horses. Trigo was an Irish born race horse who won the Epsom Derby in 1929 making the horse famous and inspiring the LNER to name one of their new locomotives after him. Trigo is modelled here as British Rail (BR) 60084 in BR blue from the era of June 1949 to August 1952, during this period Trigo pulled a Streamline type tender and was based at the Neville Hill shed in Leeds. Sadly Trigo was withdrawn from service on the 23rd November 1964 and was later sold for scrap in Ja
- BR Blue 4-6-2 'Prince of Wales' A3 Class Locomotive 60054 (Static Diecast Model)
- LNER 4-6-2 'Call Boy' A3 Class 4-6-2 Locomotive 2795 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Green 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Britannia' 70000, circa 2012 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Green 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Charles Dickens' 70033 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR 4-6-2 A4 Class 'Union of South Africa' Locomotive 60009 -A4 Gathering 2013 (Static Diecast Model)