LNER 4-6-2 'Call Boy' A3 Class 4-6-2 Locomotive 2795 (Static Diecast Model) - Any Scale By Corgi | Code: ST97602
|Product category||Steam Locos/Engines|
|Product scale||Any Scale|
In the 1930s, railway companies were starting to feel the increased competition from air and road travel as the demand for speed, efficiency and luxury grew. These pressures meant LNER had to develop their locomotives to enable them to compete. During the 1920s a series of experiments to improve performance were carried out on the A1s. This resulted in the birth of the A3 Class in July 1927 when 2544 'Enterprise' was converted from an A1 to an A3.
As well as converting A1s, there were twenty seven A3s constructed from new, one of which being 2795 'Call Boy' as modelled here as the second Corgi Rail Legends model release.
'Call Boy' entered service on 19th April 1930 and worked for over thirty-three years and spent it entirety allocated to Edinburgh at both St Margaret’s and Haym
- BR Blue 4-6-2 'Prince of Wales' A3 Class Locomotive 60054 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Blue A3 Class 'Trigo' 60084 4-6-2 Locomotive , circa 1949-52 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Green 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Britannia' 70000, circa 2012 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR Green 4-6-2 Britannia Class 'Charles Dickens' 70033 (Static Diecast Model)
- BR 4-6-2 A4 Class 'Union of South Africa' Locomotive 60009 -A4 Gathering 2013 (Static Diecast Model)