OO O & K JHA Hoppers 10/06/2021
Dapol have today announced a range of Foster Yeoman O & K JHA Hopper wagons in OO gauge.
Expected Q1 2022, these fantastic looking hoppers can be pre-ordered now.
middle and end hoppers are amongst the range, with the end hoppers featuring working tail lights.
The Dapol model of the O & K JHA Hopper will feature:
- Inner and outer versions of the hopper will be produced
- a. Inner wagons without buffers and buckeye couplings
- b. Outer wagons with Lamp, Sprung Buffers and Standard OO model coupling with NEM pocket at one end, other end without buffers and fitted with buckeye couplings.
- Diecast chassis
- Profiled wheels
- Sprung Buffers on outer most wagon end
- Close coupling mechanism fitted to both types, capable of operating on minimum of 438mm radius
- Accessory pack to contain two versions of interconnecting pipes: a. Loose, unconnected, b. Flexible to connect between adjacent wagons
- Working rear lamp on outer most end of the train (DC directional, 6 pin DCC socket for control of flashing lamp)
- The models will be finished with high level of detail, which will include many separately added details
- Designed from works drawings
The O & K JHA hoppers were built by Orenstein & Koppel to coincide with the introduction of the Class 59s in the UK for aggregate haulage by Foster Yeoman. They remain in service to date with Mendip Rail Ltd. A rake of these wagons consist of two outer waggons and a number of inner wagons. The notable feature is that the two outer wagons have screw link couplings and buffers on the outer most edge of the train, whilst the connection between inner wagons is a buckeye style coupling allowing closer coupling and hence an overall reduction in length of the train which was considered an important design aim.