B Set Coaches 27/05/2021
Dapol have today announced a new batch of the N gauge B Set coach packs are in production!
Five packs are available to pre-order now:
- 2P-003-012 B Set Coach Pack GWR Cities Crest Chocolate & Cream 6445 & 6446
- 2P-003-013 B Set Coach Pack GWR Cities Crest Chocolate & Cream 6449 & 6450
- 2P-003-014 B Set Coach Twin Pack Great crest Western Chocolate & Cream 6413 & 6414
- 2P-003-015 B Set Coach Twin Pack BR Crimson 6461 & 6464
- 2P-003-016 B Set Coach Twin Pack BR Lined Maroon 6969 & 6940
£29.75 each, Expected Q4 2021.
B-Set coaches were introduced in the mid 1920s to work in pairs, typically on branch line passenger services. The coaches were fitted with modern electric lighting and yet had traditional compartments that passengers at the time typically preferred. Another noticeable feature of the coach design was the large number of doors which aided the efficient boarding and disembarkation of the train at busy times.
The Dapol B-Set Coaches features:
- Two coaches included
- Detailed moulded body and chassis
- Finely applied livery and decoration
- NEM coupling