The Titfield Thunderbolt 01/04/2021
The Titfield Thunderbolt announcement
Rapido Trains UK are delighted to announce FIVE new 1:76 scale models inspired by The Titfield Thunderbolt. They will be the most accurate The Titfield Thunderbolt models ever produced and are being developed with full co-operation of STUDIOCANAL, which owns the rights to this seminal railway film.
They will produce:
- Thunderbolt, aka Liverpool & Manchester Railway 0-4-2 Lion
- 'The Buffet Car', aka Great Eastern Railway Diagram 603 coach No. 8
- No. W68740, GWR Diagram AA20 ‘Toad’ brakevan
- 'Dan’s House’, aka GWR ‘Loriot Y’ No. 41989 with fictitious Victorian coach body
- Pearce & Crump’s coach GAM338, aka Bedford OB with Duple Vista body
All railway models will be highly detailed, with NEM 362 couplings. The two coaches will have full interiors and Thunderbolt will have a DCC decoder interface and a factory-fitted speaker. The Bedford OB will have rubber tyres and poseable front wheels.
CAD design for Thunderbolt and 'Dan's House' is nearly complete and our designers have started work on the 'Toad'. All models will be in stock by March 6 2022, the 70th anniversary of the film's release.
They will be available in three packs:
- Pack 1 (922001) is a standard pack, containing Thunderbolt, ‘Dan’s House’ and Loriot Y with No. W68740.
- Pack 2 (922002) is a deluxe pack, containing sound-fitted Thunderbolt, Dan’s House and Loriot with W67840 plus 4mm:1ft scale figures and commemorative booklet.
- Pack 3 (S922003) contains the Buffet Car and No. W68740, plus 4mm:1ft scale figures.
- The Bedford OB will be available as a standalone model in full Pearce & Crump livery (920001).