New OO Gauge Turbot Wagons 19/02/2021
Dapol have today announced a new batch of their extremely popular OO gauge Turbot bogie ballast wagons.
Expected Q4 2021, Six new versions are now available to pre-order for just £24.52 each.
CLICK HERE to pre-order now
The Turbot bogie ballast wagon was a development from the earlier Bogie Bolster E wagon, which was manufactured in the 1960s and was intended for the transfer of steel. The wagon, however, after a number of years in use was found to be too short for the continuation of its intended role, but it was found that if a low sided three door body was added, then this new wagon would to be suitable for transporting ballast. The wagon was nicknamed Turbot and was TOPS classified as YCV bogie ballast wagon. Over 1,000 Turbot wagons were rebuilt by BR Shildon and RFS Engineering at Doncaster between 1982 and 1988 and continued into service until 2002. Turbot wagons have also been modified for use by London Underground.
- Scale 1:76.2 (4mm = 1ft)
- Minimum 2nd radius curve
- Plastic body and underframe detail
- Diecast chassis
- Spring buffers
- Profiled & blacked wheels to OO gauge society standard Pin-point axles
- NEM couplings (removable if required)
- UK standard Hook and bar couplers
- Fully detailed body with separately moulded side doors and stanchions (to allow ease of kit bashing!) Interior floor, door and stanchion details
- Door balance spring and arm detailing
- Finely moulded and etched stainless steel detail where applicable
- Separate handrails, end steps and lamp brackets. Highly details underframe with correct profiled bracing Highly detailed bogies
Accessory pack contents:
- Buffer beam pipes
- Operating Instanter coupling
- NEM compatible drawbar (to replace regular coupling at the modellers option)